EASY PIZZA DOUGH, the base of a good pizza is the dough. Try this delicious recipe for dinner tonight! This pizza is a meal the kids will flip over!
Remember when I told you I was intimidated by two things in the kitchen – making cheesecake and anything containing yeast? (Refer to my Traditional cheesecake recipe) Well, in the last year I’ve overcome both fears. Now, I enjoy making cheesecake and yeasty bread. Funny how that happens. I do suggest you have a good instant-read thermometer when using yeast. You’ll need it to get an accurate temperature reading of your water. Water too hot will kill the yeast, water too cold will not activate it accurately.
Easy Pizza Dough
The other beautiful thing about this recipe is you can use it for bread sticks, pizza, calzones, etc. The dough will make one large pizza, two 10 inch pizzas with a thick crust, 2 batches of breadsticks or cheese sticks in 8 x 11-inch pan. You can use half the crust and store remaining in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yield: 2 10-12 inch pizza
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whatever size you decide to make, spread the dough out on a lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, start stretching the dough into shape. For cheese sticks, I stretch it until it’s almost the size of my pan then lay it in the pan pressing with fingers until it covers the bottom of the pan. Then cover with 1/4 tsp garlic powder and grated mozzarella cheese. Bake about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and begins to brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool 2 minutes then slice. Serve with marinara.
Easy Pizza Dough
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 teaspoon Active Dry or Instant Yeast
- 1 and ½ cups warm water between 110 and 120 degrees F
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- Coat a separate mixing bowl lightly with oil. Pour dough into an oiled bowl and cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise 30 minutes on the countertop if you plan to use it immediately. Or, (the beauty of this recipe!) refrigerate it up to 3 days. If refrigerated for later use, take out of refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before you plan to cook it.
- The other beautiful thing about this recipe is you can use it for breadsticks, pizza, calzones, etc. The dough will make one large pizza, two 10 inch pizzas with a thick crust, 2 batches of breadsticks or cheese sticks in 8 x 11-inch pan. You can use half the crust and store remaining in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Yield: 2 10-12 inch pizza