Ranch Sauce Pizza with Chicken and Bacon is my new favorite pizza. It may, in fact, be my new favorite food!
I modeled this Ranch Sauce Pizza with Chicken and Bacon recipe after my favorite pizza restaurants pizza. Now, I like this recipe better which kind of backfired on me! I like to eat out. I like to not have to cook. I want to like the restaurant’s recipe better than mine!
Ranch Sauce Pizza with Chicken and Bacon Tips
There are a few shortcut tips that you can use to speed up the process of this pizza or you can make it completely from scratch as directed in the recipe card below.
- The dough. First of all, I use this pizza dough recipe. It takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour for the dough to rise. You can make it up to 24 hours in advice to save time. It stores nicely in the refrigerator, ready whenever you are. Secondly, you can purchase a ball of pizza dough from a local pizza restaurant. Usually, they don’t advertise this but most of them will sell you one for $4 to $5 if you ask. You can also find frozen pizza dough in most grocery stores. As a last resort, the refrigerated dough will work. it is not as good to me as the other options.
- The chicken. You can saute chicken breast or purchase and chop a rotisserie chicken.
- The bacon. Nothing is as good (or smells as good) as freshly cooked bacon. However, real bacon bits, typically found with the salad dressings and salad fixings in the grocery store is your quick option.
- The ranch sauce. This I do not recommend using bottled. I only recommend making it from scratch. Actually, my recipe is not from scratch-scratch. I do use the packaged ranch mix instead of mixing the herbs myself.
Ranch Sauce Pizza with Chicken and Bacon
- For the Pizza
- Dough for 1 pizza half this pizza dough recipe or refrigerate and make another pizza
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chicken cooked and chopped (Rotisserie chicken is great for this!)
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 pack Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix made per package instructions. You will use 1/2 cup of this or as much as you like.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Make the pizza dough and allow to rise per recipe instructions.
- Make the ranch sauce and refrigerate
- Spread pizza dough out as large as you want, depending on how thick you want the crust.
- Spread ranch over crust
- Spread chicken and bacon evenly over sauce
- Top with cheese
- Top with tomatoes on top.
- You can add the green onions now and cook them or add them after it comes out of the oven.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.