Turkey Sausage Frittata Recipe is a low calorie, low-fat breakfast that’s full of nutritious turkey sausage, egg whites, roasted cauliflower, and roasted mushrooms. It’s so full of flavor you’ll forget it’s good for you too!
Packed with lots of nutrients, the healthy Turkey Sausage Frittata Recipe fits into your busy lifestyle as well. As a result, I started making this recipe as part of my meal prep breakfast. Therefore, I cook them on Monday morning and they last almost all week for my husband and myself.
You may also like these recipes
These frittata muffins are filling with 15 grams of protein and will keep you full until lunch.
As well, for my growing and always hungry teenage boys, I make a breakfast sandwich using either English muffins, whole wheat flatbread rounds, or their favorite biscuits.
Turkey Sausage Frittata Recipe
- First of all, I used JennieO turkey sausage but you can substitute regular pork sausage if you prefer.
- I used goat cheese and a cheddar Colby mix. You can use your favorite cheese or what you have on hand. I prefer to grate cheese myself instead of purchasing pre-shredded. The pre-shredded cheese is coated in corn starch that may affect the taste and texture of your recipe.
- Also, I roasted cauliflower and mushrooms in the oven before adding them to the egg mixture. You can saute them on the stove if you prefer.
- You may also substitute your favorite vegetables. Spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, and green onions would all make great frittata muffins.
- In addition, liberally spray your muffin tins with olive oil spray and wait 5 minutes before running a knife around the edges and removing them from the pan.
- To reheat, microwave about 30 seconds (depending on your microwave) or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
- They will last 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Finally, I use Wilton 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pans. This recipe makes 18 muffins.
Watch this short video on how to make this Turkey Sausage Frittata recipe.
Turkey Sausage Frittata Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cups roasted cauliflower
- 2 cups roasted mushrooms
- 10 egg whites
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar Colby cheese blend
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Liberally coat muffin tins with olive oil spray
- Wash, dry, and chop vegetables into small pieces. Roasted 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat. Chop it into small pieces as it browns. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon sausage to the bottom of 18 muffin tins. Top with approximately 1/2 tablespoon cauliflower and 1/2 tablespoon mushrooms.
- Pour egg mixture carefully into tins. Top with goat cheese and cheddar Colby cheese.
- Bake 24 to 27 minutes.
- Allow them to cool 5 minutes before removing and serving.
- Cool completely before refrigerating.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you).
This post is sponsored by Jennie-O. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Call Me PMc possible!