Healthy No-bake Carrot Cake Bars, this recipe taste like a decadent dessert but they’re a simple, one-bowl, no-bake, healthy treat!
These carrot cake dessert bars are
- Egg Free
- No refined Sugar
- And it just takes minutes to make them!!
PIN these Healthy No-Bake Bars to make later!
I debated on posting this recipe. It’s not typically the types of recipes I share on this site. In the end, I thought some of you may be like me and want a slightly healthier dessert.
I used to have such a sweet tooth and would literally eat dessert every day. As I’ve gotten older, even though I work out daily, I found the pounds slowly creeping up. Investing 500 calories in one food wasn’t an option anymore unless I wanted a new wardrobe. Besides, sugar isn’t really healthy and my blood sugar level had always been all over the chart!
This recipe tastes very much like traditional Carrot Cake especially if you use the pecan butter. However, the texture isn’t like a traditional cake. They’re much more dense, almost fudge-like. However, I found they had just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy and no guilt! So win, win!
HEALTHY NO-BAKE CARROT CAKE BARS
I stumbled on this recipe on Instagram and had to make them! Instant Carrot Cake Bars were my inspiration. I didn’t stray much from it since I’m not that familiar with using protein powder this way.
I mixed these together in about 5 minutes. A couple of these ingredients you probably won’t have sitting in your pantry. I purchased them on Amazon and linked to them for you. For this reason, it’s somewhat expensive, but you can make several batches with the protein powder, date syrup, and two with the pecan butter listed below.
Furthermore, I didn’t add coconut to my recipe that she had in the original.
INGREDIENTS WITH LINKS AND INFO
- Carrots. I opted to grind the carrots in a food processor rather than grate them. Furthermore, I think the pre-shredded carrots are too large and too dried out for this recipe.
- Nuzest Probiotic Vanilla Protein. Lilsipper states this recipe won’t work without this protein. I have not tested it with another brand of protein powder. I have, however, used this protein powder in smoothies, overnight oats, energy bites, and shakes and I like it very much. It doesn’t hurt my stomach as some protein powders have.
- Date Syrup. Why haven’t I known about date syrup before now! It’s my new favorite. I have used it in all these recipes that I previously use Balsamic Reduction in/on and it’s just as good!
- Pecan Butter. At $14.99 a jar, pecan butter is not cheap. You can sub any nut butter for the pecan butter. Furthermore, you can make pecan butter from scratch. I used this Homemade Peanut Butter recipe but used pecan butter and it was wonderful!
If you want to add a little sweetness and another texture, top with this simple Greek Yogurt Frosting. I added 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar to 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, stirred until smooth, and spread it over the bars. Delicious!
Additionally, you can omit the coconut sugar and frost with just Greek yogurt or you can use coconut yogurt.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies
- How to Make Rose Water
- Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
- Greek Yogurt Berry Parfait
- Blueberry Mango Overnight Oats
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used. For this recipe honey, peanut butter, and regular protein powder is used for the calculation. (Date syrup, pecan butter, and Nuzest weren’t in the database of ingredients to calculate.)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
HEALTHY NO-BAKE CARROT CAKE BARS
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 5 scoops Nuzest vanilla protein
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons date syrup honey or agave (get date syrup here)
- ½ cup pecan butter any nut or seed butter (get pecan butter here)
- ¼ cup water more if needed to mix
- Mix everything together until the batter resembles thick cookie dough. If the batter is too dry, add one more tablespoon of water. If it’s too wet, add a little more protein powder until it thickens.
- Transfer batter in a lined 9×5-inch loaf pan and press firmly into pan. You can refrigerate it for 1-2 hours to firm it.
- Frost with either coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt. You can also add 1 teaspoon coconut sugar to 1/2 cup Greek yogurt to sweeten it slightly.
What a terrific no-bake (!) carrot bars recipe. Thank you.
I’ve been detoxing, this recipe is perfect!
These were so good and super simple!
Sarah m says
Made these without the pecan butter because…$ and substituted in almond butter. Very delicious but hope to try the pecan butter one day.