An easy how-to guide to making basic, creamy Homemade Peanut Butter. This Homemade Peanut Butter is perfect by itself, in cookies, breads and bars.
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
I can say in all honesty that my oldest son has eaten more peanut butter in his short 12 years than anything else, maybe everything else combined! Single-handedly, he eats a 2-pound jar every two weeks! I get organic and it’s very expensive. Even though making peanut butter homemade isn’t much cheaper, I wanted to give it a spin, pun intended.
Sometimes I like to try to make a recipe just to see if I can. I’ve been wanting to make my own peanut butter since I got my food processor a year ago. Another reason for making peanut butter was possibly getting my son to expand his tastes. He’s a very picky eater, but usually, if I can get him to help make something he’ll at least try it. My plan is to make peanut butter, then put the homemade peanut butter into muffins or bread and get him to try it!
I purchased a 16 ounce can of no salt, no skin roasted cocktail peanuts. You can use salted, but I wanted to control the salt myself.
The peanuts go through random stages while being processed. At the stage where they all ball up in a big clump, I thought I had done something wrong. Have no fear, just let it whirl and in just a few seconds the now peanut butter will become smooth and creamy!
For real, this was fun! Both boys and I watched the food processor like diamonds was about to shoot from it. Ok, I watched it like diamonds was about to be produced, the boys watched it like LEGOS was about to appear! It’s all relative.
Lincoln tasted and liked it, but says he prefers the store-bought kind. And they say old people get set in their ways…
I totally love it and will make it often. I do plan to make cookies and other desserts with the next batch. Maybe I’ll save a few additives and preservatives that way.
Oh, store this in the refrigerator, it’ll keep longer!
- Add 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup and pulse until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon and combine.
- Try 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice to the mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup Nutella and pulse until smooth.
Get creative! What are some of the fun flavor combos and add-ins would you add to your peanut butter?
YOU MAY ENJOY THESE RECIPES TOO
- Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Bars
- Three Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Copycat PayDay Bars
- Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
- Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
- Original Quaker Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Old Fashioned No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Homemade Peanut Butter
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 cups dry roasted peanuts I used unsalted
- salt to taste, if desired
- Place all peanuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse and blend. It will take about 3 minutes total.
- Keep blending, stopping to scrap the sides as needed.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for one month.