Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles cookies will be your new go-to cookie recipe when you want a soft, melt-in-your-mouth sweet treat. These pillowy, from-scratch cookies are bursting with that familiar snickerdoodle flavor. They are pure heaven!
The meltaway quality of these cookies comes from the cream cheese. Cream cheese is combined with butter to make an extremely tender and moist cookie. In fact, they’re so tender they literally melt in your mouth!
Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles Tips
- Allow at least 30 minutes to chill the dough in the refrigerator. This is a must.
- Do not over-bake these cookies. The edges should be lightly browned and the centers will seem under-cooked. However, they will set and firm as they cool.
- Cool the cookies for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You may want two cookie sheets to bake these cookies on. Do not put the cookie dough on a warm or hot cookie sheet. The cookie sheet needs to be cool when you put the cold dough on it.
CAN THESE COOKIES BE FROZEN?
Yes! You can freeze cream cheese cookies for up to three months in an airtight container. Place cooled cookies on a flat tray in a single layer (so they won’t stick together) and place in the freezer for one hour. Once frozen, place frozen cookies into ziptop freezer bags or in an air-tight container and place them back in the fridge until ready to use.
To defrost, place cookies on the counter to come to room temperature.
To store without freezing, place the cream cheese cookies in an airtight container. They will last 5 days in the refrigerator without drying out and 2 to 3 days on the countertop.
TOOLS USED FOR MAKING CREAM CHEESE COOKIES RECIPE:
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 and ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ¾ cup all-purpose flour sifted and measured correctly
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Please read post above for detailed tips and tricks.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Slowly add this to the butter mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes. I prefer to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a half baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 9 minutes. Do not overbake. These cookies do not get brown. They will firm up as they cool. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index
These look so good!
The print does not work on this recipe.