Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, creamy pillows of peanut butter goodness!
They cook in just 9 minutes and best of all this recipe makes
a small batch so that you don’t have tons left over!
The boys were out of school last week. When they’re home, I always make more desserts. They love to help cook; they especially love helping me make cookies. I warned them beforehand that this was going to be a small batch cookie and that we wouldn’t have much dough to eat if we wanted to have any cooked cookies to eat. They assured me it was okay, but when all was said and done, they’re a lot like me and regretted not getting to eat any of the cookie dough.
I made these Small Batch Toffee Cookies and thought it was just the right amount of cookies. I like cookies to be fresh, actually I like to eat them when they’re just out of the oven. I thought cutting down the batch to make just 10 to 12 cookies was genius. That was until the boys helped me make a batch. They much prefer to have plenty of dough to eat before baking the cookies. Note to self, when they help make a regular batch and freeze the leftover dough!
These Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies have a rich peanut butter flavor. I like to under cook my cookies so they’re still soft and gooey. These cookies take just minutes, maybe seven, to mix together. I do recommend chilling to dough before cooking. If you don’t chill the dough you’ll have thin cookies, not fat chewy cookies. When you plan to make them, plan for that chilling time.
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Mix until smooth
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Slowly add to mixer and mix until well incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes to 1 hour or freeze 20 to 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool
- Store in a airtight container up to 3 days.
If you prefer, you can substitute crunchy peanut butter.Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
More cookie recipes to enjoy!
Soft Batch M&M Cream Cheese Cookies