I’ve been a cookie making monster this year. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. I usually don’t like making cookies. I’ve had so many great ideas for cookies this year, I just couldn’t help myself. I made Mint Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Old Fashion Tea Cakes, and Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies. I packaged them together for friends and neighbors for holiday gifts. Also, I made this White Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookie Recipe for the packages.
White Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
I saw this bag of dried cherries at the store and couldn’t wait a minute longer to make something with them. These White Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies is what I came up with.
Actually, it was perfect timing too. I received an invitation to join the Holiday Cookie Collection and Giveaway not long after I made these cookies. Below you’ll find all the bloggers participating in the cookie collection as well as the Target Gift Card entry form. I hope you’ll scroll down and enter!
Oatmeal Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5- ounce package Dried Cherries
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Let’s meet the hostesses of this fun link party:
Please be sure to hop around and visit all the ladies and check out their tasty cookies!
Other recipes you’ll enjoy: Basic Cookie Cups