Deep rich chocolate cookies are studded with peppermint chip in my Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies Recipe. They are perfect for the holidays and cookie swaps!
Have you ever noticed there are not many cookie recipes on Call Me PMc?
I’m super picky about cookies and I have only been completely over-the-moon with one cookie recipe. It’s my super secret Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It’s my fallback, get rich cookie recipe, so I haven’t been compelled to share it yet.
I’m saving it for a ‘rainy day’ or when we need to make the mortgage payment or pay for college. (Of course, I’m being sarcastic, but it is
But, guess what?!
I love this Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe just as much.
And, I’m not keeping it a secret.
Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies
What makes a good cookie?
- I like oversized cookies because then you can say, “I just had one cookie”. Really, you don’t have to reveal it was the size of a plate!
- They have to be soft in the center.
- And crispy on the edges.
- And preferably warm.
So without further adieu, I give you my Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe
Using a large scoop, I had 26 cookies. If you make them small (regular size), you’ll have about 4 dozen. Use 2 cookie sheets. Allow the cookie sheet to cool off before placing the second batch of dough on them. Never place cookie dough on a hot sheet.
More chocolate desserts you’ll love
- Coca Cola Cake
- Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
- Rocky Road Brownies
- Thick Gooey Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 9 Insanely Good Brownie Recipes
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment. Your 5-star rating helps others find our recipe when they do a Google search
Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Andes peppermint crunch chips
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, then beat again to combine.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually incorporate this into the butter mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon or mixing spatula to stir in peppermint chips. The mixture will be THICK.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, set the oven to 350°F to let it preheat while the cookie dough chills.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or regular-sized ice cream scoop, drop dough onto a cold greased cookie sheet, leaving at least an inch of space between the scoops. I used a regular-sized ice cream scoop for extra-large cookies.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 17 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and the centers are still a little bit gooey.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Then, use a thin spatula to transfer them to a cooling rack to cool them completely.