Deep rich chocolate cookies are studded with peppermint chip in my Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe. They are perfect for the holidays and cookie swaps!
Have you ever noticed there are not many cookie recipes on Call Me PMc?
I’m super picky about cookies and I have only been completely over-the-moon with one cookie recipe. It’s my super secret Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It’s my fall-back get rich cookie recipe so I haven’t been compelled to share it yet. I’m saving it for a ‘rainy day’ or when we need to make the mortgage payment or pay for college. (Of course, I’m being sarcastic, but it is
But, guess what?!
I love this Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe just as much.
And, I’m not keeping it a secret.
What makes a good cookie?
- I like oversized cookies because then you can say, “I just had one cookie”. Really, you don’t have to reveal it was the size of a plate!
- They have to be soft in the center.
- And crispy on the edges.
- And preferably warm.
So without further adieu I give to you my Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in chips by hand.
- The mixture will be THICK.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chill in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- I used a regular sized ice cream scoop for extra large cookies.
- Drop dough onto a greased, cold cookie sheet.
- Bake 17 minutes at 350 degrees for crisp edges and gooey centers.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing.
- After 2 minutes, using a thin spatula, move to a wire rack to cool.
Other desserts I know you’ll love!