Adult Favorite Thick Gooey Brownies will satisfy your craving for brownies whether you like brownies rich and fudgy thick or lighter cake-like.
Once you sink your teeth into them, you’ll know why this recipe is classified as ‘adult’. No, they don’t contain booze. However, Adult Favorite Thick Gooey Brownies are made with unsweetened cocoa and studded with dark bittersweet chocolate. Most kids prefer milk chocolate.
As well, these delightful treats have coffee in them. Coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate, but can’t quite tell it’s coffee when you take a bite. Is that the chocolate flavor or something else?
Another reason these brownies are a favorite of adults, they are not overly sweet. It’s not a dessert after three bites you quiver and say ‘Wow, that’s rich!’ They’re just sweet enough you want to keep eating and eating.
When you sink your teeth into these brownies it’s like biting into fudge. But, then you bite into a rich chocolate chunk that’s soft but firm and chocolate fills your mouth. I opted not to add nuts, with the chocolate chunks they didn’t need nuts. You can add one cup of your favorite nut if you prefer.
I do love healthy food. Particularly, I like how good healthy eating makes me feel. But, there’s room for indulgence in every diet and I just want to face-plant right in these brownies! Adult Favorite Thick Gooey Brownies are fudgy and chewy and they do not disappoint!
Adult Favorite Thick Gooey Brownies
- I used an unsweetened
cocoa powderfor these brownies. You can find it here.
- As well, I used dark chocolate chunks, you can find them here.
- You’ll need instant coffee or espresso granules, not liquid coffee.
- Bake Adult Favorite Thick Gooey Brownies in a 9×9 or 8×8, if you like them thicker, baking pan. And I adore Fat Daddio products, probably because I like to say the name.
- Nuts are optional. Try one cup of pecan, walnut, almonds, or your favorite nut.
This is the second recipe in my Brownie Series. I made The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies first. It’s hard for me to say which recipe I like best. They are completely different in taste and texture. This has a more grown-up, sophisticated flavor. While The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies are more classic tasting and more kids will like better.
Adult Favorite Thick Gooey Brownies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 11 tablespoons butter
- 1 and ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325° F
- Line a 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spray paper with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once melted, add sugar and stir for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, stir.
- Remove from heat and let in cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl. And add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla and coffee. Stir.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Mix until flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or the center is set. Remember they will set more when cool. (The toothpick test doesn't work well on these brownies because of the chocolate chunks.)
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.