Keto Creamed Spinach for Two is quick and easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. This classic steakhouse side is probably the tastiest way to eat spinach!
Furthermore, this creamy, decadent, and cheesy spinach is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
It’s hard cooking for one or two people! Unfortunately, I think everything is packaged for a family of four or six. I get tired of eating leftovers and creamed spinach is a great recipe to cut down for two people.
Spinach wilts down a lot when cooked. I started with 5 ounces of spinach which would make 4 to 6 salads. Once wilted, it makes a scant two servings or one hearty serving.
If you have more than two, you can easily double the recipe.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAMED SPINACH FROM SCRATCH?
- Wilt spinach in a large pan until tender.
- Allow any remaining water to evaporate before adding the spinach, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer until the cheese is melted and the cream is thick.
My keto version is made with cream instead of the traditional thickener of flour. My version has just 5 net carbs per serving.
As well, Keto Creamed Spinach for Two is made with Parmesan cheese but don’t limit yourself to it. Also try Swiss, Gruyere, gouda, or mozzarella. I like to change the recipe up and changing the cheese is an easy way to do that.
I prefer fresh spinach, but you can modify the recipe and use frozen. Be sure to use the same weight of spinach when using frozen.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH THIS RECIPE?
It makes the perfect, healthy side dish. Pair this creamy and indulgent side dish with not only steak but pork, chicken, and seafood.
Keto Creamed Spinach for Two
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tablespoon dried onion flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper adjust to taste
- Wash the spinach and put it in a medium skillet while it's still wet.
- Cook the spinach over medium heat, tossing, until it is wilted and tender. About 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and allow it to sit and let the water evaporate. If there's a lot of water, you can drain it in a colander. It doesn't have to be completely dry.
- Turn to medium-low and to the pan with the spinach, add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion flakes, salt, and pepper. (Start with just a pinch salt and pepper.)
- Cook and stir until Parmesan is melted and the cream is reduced and thick. Serve immediately.