Pretzel Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (with M&Ms)
What a name, right?!
I wanted you to know exactly what all is in it. So you can drool.
Truly these Pretzel Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe are worth making. I made three batches. Maybe I would have only had to make two batches if I had not eaten so much of the dough! I told y’all I like cookie dough! See>> it’s right there>>> in my side bar>> “cookie dough eater”!! Believe me now?
So there’s two secret ingredients in these cookies that makes them magical. If not magical, maybe just crunchy! I crushed pretzels which gives these cookies a light crunch and salty taste. It almost acts like a nut in the cookie. You could actually double the pretzels used and omit the pecans. Secondly, I added popped rice cereal. You know, the ‘Snap, Crackle, Pop” cereal! This cereal adds a wonderful crispy, crunchy texture to the cookies that I haven’t been able to get with any other ingredient.
Pretzel Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Most of the time when I make cookies.
- I mix the cookie ingredients.
- I scoop out the dough using an ice cream scoop. (You’ll want to use a scoop so that all the cookies will be the same size. Having them the same size will, not only make prettier cookies, but they’ll bake more evenly as well. This way you won’t have some cookies extra crispy and some with raw centers!)
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- I then place in the freezer for at least an hour. This allows the butter to firm up again. Cold butter will make a fatter, chewier cookie. (Which is just the kind of cookie I like, and I’m the baker so I make what I like.)
- Then when you’re ready to cook, you can take out just a few at a time or cook them all at the same time. After they’re frozen I usually remove them from the cookie sheet and store in an airtight container. They’ll keep frozen up to 4 months. They won’t last that long, trust me.
If you don’t like M&Ms, substitute chocolate chips or chocolate chunks for the M&Ms.
Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ cups brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats I pulse 4 to 5 times in the food processor to break them down
- ½ cup M&Ms
- ½ cup pecan coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used semi-sweet. Use your favorite.
- ¾ cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup pretzels coarsely chopped
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Using a scoop, scoop dough onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper or waxed paper. Place in freezer for at least one hour up to four months.
- To bake:Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove cookie dough from freezer (just the quantity you intend to bake.) Allow to sit out 15 minutes before baking.
- I used a 1 and 1/2 inch scoop for my cookies. At this size for a cookie with crisp edges and soft centers I bake for 9 minutes.
More cookies you may like