Take 5 Stuffed Cookies soft cookies filled with candy bars are sandwiched with fluffy frosting in the middle! Highly irresistible and very dangerous eaten warm.
I enjoy changing up traditional chocolate chip cookies by adding candy bars to them. For these Take 5 Stuffed Cookies, I crushed Take 5 Candy Bars Take 5 Candy Bars is a milk chocolate coated cookie bar with a pretzel, caramel, peanut, and peanut butter filling. I also added chocolate chunks. You may also want to add one cup chopped peanuts, walnuts, or pecans.
Take 5 Stuffed Cookies Tips
- Use a spring release scoop to ensure all your cookies are the same size. Having them the same size will, not only make prettier cookies, but they’ll bake more evenly as well. This way you won’t have some cookies extra crispy and some with raw centers!
- Place the dough on a silicon mat. I use a Silpat brand. Besides being easier to clean up, using a silicone baking mat allows the cookie to ‘grab’ onto something as it cooks. As a result, it will cook ‘up’ instead of ‘out’. This aids in making a thicker, softer cookie which I like.
- I then place in the freezer for at least an hour. This allows the butter to firm up again. Cold butter will make a fatter, chewier cookie. Which is just the kind of cookie I like.
- Then when you’re ready to cook, you can take out just a few at a time or cook them all at the same time. After they’re frozen I usually remove them from the cookie sheet and store in an airtight container. They’ll keep frozen up to 4 months. They won’t last that long, trust me.
- Space the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This will allow the cookies to firm up a little and prevent them from breaking apart when moving them.
- Use real butter. I used salted butter. Unsalted is fine as well.
- Cool your cookie sheet between cooking each batch. A hot sheet makes the dough begin to melt before getting into the oven, which makes them bake unevenly. They’ll tend to have thin crisp edges and thick, undercooked centers.
Take 5 Stuffed Cookies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in candy bars and chocolate chips by hand.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Drop cookies onto Silpat mat on a sheet pan or cookie sheet 2 inches apart. (I used a spring-form scoop to scoop the dough for exact sized cooikes.)
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
This post contains an affiliate link. If you click the link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.