Whipped Chocolate Decorator Icing is an easy buttercream recipe perfect for your favorite cakes and cupcakes! It requires no cooking and can be ready in 10 minutes.
Chocolate Decorator Icing
This luscious Whipped Chocolate Decorator Icing adds a delightful twist to your baked creations. With its velvety texture and rich cocoa flavor, it’s the ultimate companion for a variety of cakes and cupcakes.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity – no intricate cooking process is involved, allowing you to whip up this delectable icing in just 10 minutes.
You’ll definitely want to try my chocolate frosting on this vanilla cake recipe.
Just like the bakery makes, this frosting can be used to pipe out and make those beautifully decorated frosted cakes with the pretty swirls, rosettes, etc.
This is my favorite chocolate buttercream recipe! It is truly melt-in-your-mouth delicious and perfectly chocolatey!
Decorator Icing Suggestions
- I prefer Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa for this recipe.
- Make sure and sift the powdered sugar.
- If you find the frosting is too thick to pipe, stir in milk one tablespoon at a time.
- If you find the frosting is too thin, mix in 1/4 cup powdered sugar at a time.
This Chocolate Decorator Icing can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you take it out of the refrigerator allow it sit at room temperature for two hours. After the two hours, re-whip the frosting for ten minutes before using.
While you are here, take a minute to peruse some of my other recipes. You may like these Classic Vanilla Cupcakes, Easter Sand Art Brownies, Margarita Cupcakes, and Lemon Cupcake with Raspberry Frosting.
Furthermore, I have travel tips and information that you may find helpful too. I enjoy traveling our beautiful country. Travel with me through my articles
- Visit Airstream Row Seaside, FL
- Travel on the Cheap
- My Favorite Destin, Fl restaurants
- USS Alabama Battleship and Park
- Steakhouses in Vegas
- My Day at The Masters
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this fuss-free buttercream recipe will elevate your desserts to a whole new level of decadence.
Chocolate Decorator Icing
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 2/3 cup Crisco solid vegetable shortening brand name recommended
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sifted cocoa powder
- Mix margarine and shortening.
- Add 1/2 sugar and 1/2 cocoa, blend well.
- Add remaining sugar and cocoa, blend.
- Add 1/2 c milk and mix until blended.
- *The longer you mix it the lighter the color will become.