Today I’m sharing a Bechamel Sauce & Cheese Sauce recipe.
Béchamel sauce is known as white sauce, is made from a white roux and milk. It is a mother sauce of French cuisine which simply means it’s the base sauce for other sauces. It is the perfect sauce for mac and cheese.
Melt butter, add flour and cook 2 minutes.
Add milk and bring to a boil.
Add 2 c cheese and stir until melted for Cheese Sauce.
Basic Bechamel Sauce (instructions for Cheese Sauce included)
How to make the 'mother sauce' bechamel as well as cheese sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Melt 2 T butter in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in 2 T self-rising flour. Cook a couple minutes. Do not let brown.
- Add Salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 c milk into sauce pan and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.For Cheese Sauce
- Add 2 cups you favorite cheese to Bechamel Sauce.
- Whisk until melted.