Bechamel is a basic sauce recipe. Master this recipe and you can make many different sauces, including a fantastic cheese sauce!
Bechamel Sauce and Cheese Sauce
How do you make this sauce?
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in an equal amount of flour
- Cook the mixture for just under a minute. This is known as a roux.
- Stir in milk, a little at a time, making sure to stir well so that no lumps form.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly, so that the mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
Basic Bechamel Sauce (instructions for Cheese Sauce included)
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Melt 2 T butter in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in 2 T self-rising flour. Cook a couple minutes. Do not let brown.
- Add Salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 c milk into sauce pan and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.For Cheese Sauce
- Add 2 cups you favorite cheese to Bechamel Sauce.
- Whisk until melted.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.