Bechamel Sauce & Cheese Sauce recipe is an easy, basic sauce recipe. Master this and you can make many different sauces.<
Bechamel Sauce & Cheese Sauce
How do you make this sauce?
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in an equal amount of flour
- Cook the mixture for just under a minute. This is known as a roux.
- Stir in milk, a little at a time, making sure to stir well so that no lumps form.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly, so that the mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
Basic Bechamel Sauce (instructions for Cheese Sauce included)
- Melt 2 T butter in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in 2 T self-rising flour. Cook a couple minutes. Do not let brown.
- Add Salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 c milk into sauce pan and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.For Cheese Sauce
- Add 2 cups you favorite cheese to Bechamel Sauce.
- Whisk until melted.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.