20 Minute Sausage and Chicken Cream Sauce Pasta has amazing flavor, a creamy sauce, and it only takes about 20 minutes to make! This is the perfect weeknight comfort food!
This pasta recipe has a creamy sauce filled with spicy sausage and chicken. It’s a delicious family friendly recipe that makes an easy weeknight meal.
Given the choice, I would choose pasta over a big protein meal every time. Pasta is definitely my favorite and my weakness.
My 20 Minute Sausage and Chicken Cream Sauce Pasta meal has the best of both pasta and protein. I pasta is flavored with a creamy sauce that’s flavored with garlic, onions, pimientos, thyme, and red pepper. Sliced and seared smoked sausage slices and chunks of chicken add a heartiness to the recipe. Food that is satisfying, comforting, and simple to make.
You may also like these pasta recipes
20 Minute Sausage and Chicken Cream Sauce Pasta
- I used Bryan smoked sausage and chicken in a flavorful, light cream sauce. You can use all sausage or all chicken if you like, but I liked the combination of both.
- This recipe is a great way to use left over chicken or simply purchase a rotisserie chicken from the grocery.
- Optionally, you can add 1 to 2 cups of broccoli if you want.
- I used Campanella pasta. The funnel shape held the creamy sauce wonderfully. Use your favorite pasta, or what you have on hand.
- I used pimentos. You can also use roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes in the sauce.
20 Minute Sausage and Chicken Cream Sauce Pasta has a creamy sauce filled with spicy sausage and chicken. It's a delicious family friendly recipe that makes an easy weeknight meal.
- 12 ounces pasta cooked according to package directions to al dente (reserve liquid)
- 1 to 2 links smoked sausage
- 1 large chicken breast can be leftover chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoon green onion sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces diced pimientos drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt o taste
- Slice sausage and cube chicken. Heat skillet to medium-high.
- Cook sausage and chicken until browned and heated through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to the pan. Add garlic and onion and cook 2 minutes. (reserve 1/2 tablespoon green onions for garnish if desired.)
- Add flour, whisk and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add parmesan cheese, pimientos, thyme, red pepper flakes, and salt. (reserve 1/2 tablespoon pimientos for garnish, if desired.)
- Add pasta and meat back into skillet and toss to coat. If needed at extra pasta liquid to sauce.
- Serve hot.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.