Blueberry Dessert Sauce is an easy homemade sauce that uses either fresh or frozen blueberries and comes together in 10 minutes.
Easily change up your pancakes, waffles, French toast, crepes, yogurt, or oatmeal for breakfast with my easy Blueberry Dessert Sauce. I also like to serve in with ice cream, Traditional Cheesecake, and Pound Cake.
First of all, Blueberry Dessert Sauce easy to make and versatile. It can be stirred together in just a few minutes and made with either fresh or frozen blueberries. Coincidently, don’t feel bad about using frozen berries. I’ve found them to be just as good as fresh in this recipe, plus they’re usually more economical especially during the off season.
You may also be interested in these sauces that I’ve made.
Blueberry Dessert Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon water
- squeeze of lemon juice about 1 tablespoon
- In a saucepan, combine blueberries and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine cornstarch and cold water; whisk until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture and lemon juice to blueberries and whisk to combine.
- Boil and continue boiling 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is as thick as you like.
- Set aside to cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.