Blueberry Dessert Sauce is an easy homemade sauce that uses either fresh or frozen blueberries and comes together in 10 minutes.
Easily change up your pancakes, waffles, French toast, crepes, yogurt, or oatmeal for breakfast with my easy Blueberry Dessert Sauce. I also like to serve it with ice cream, Traditional Cheesecake, and Pound Cake.
BLUEBERRY DESSERT SAUCE
First of all, Blueberry Dessert Sauce is easy to make and versatile. It can be stirred together in just a few minutes and made with either fresh or frozen blueberries. Coincidently, don’t feel bad about using frozen berries. I’ve found them to be just as good as fresh in this recipe, plus they’re usually more economical, especially during the offseason.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE BLUEBERRY SAUCE
These are the ingredients. The full recipe with the quantities and instructions is further down the post in the recipe box. You can now save your favorite Call Me PMc recipes to a personal and private recipe box. All the info is in the recipe card to create your recipe box.
You may also be interested in these sauces that I’ve made.
While you’re here, check out these sauce recipes
- Raspberry sauce
- Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce
- Easy Caramel Sauce
- Wowee Maui Sauce (savory)
- Blackberry BBQ Sauce
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Blueberry Dessert Sauce
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- squeeze of lemon juice about 1 tablespoon
- In a saucepan, combine blueberries and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine cornstarch and cold water; whisk until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and lemon juice to blueberries and whisk to combine.
- Boil and continue boiling for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is as thick as you like.
- Set aside to cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.