Eight Cheese Mac n Cheese with Cheetos Recipe is cheese on cheese on cheese then topped with crunchy cheesy Cheetos! For the serious Mac n Cheese lover, this popular classic is creamy, scrumptious, and, frankly, irresistible!
Raise your hand if you like Mac and Cheese?
I see a lot of raised hands! When my boys asked me what my favorite food is and my answer was ‘mac & cheese’ my fourteen year old said, “Mom, I don’t think that’s a grown-up’s favorite food!” It is and it always has been.
You can make mac n cheese a few different ways, baked, stove top, and slow cooker. There is also a custard style and a bechamel style mac n cheese. My Eight Cheese Mac n Cheese with Cheetos Recipe is made on the stove top and begins with a Bechamel Sauce.
Eight Cheese Mac n Cheese with Cheetos Recipe
- I used a mix of eight different cheeses to make this ultra creamy and cheesy. Feel free to mix and match your favorite cheeses or the ones you have on hand.
- I recommend a good quality 3 quart saute pan. You’ll find a ton of uses for this size.
- This 10-inch Flat Whisk is awesome getting into the edges of your pan where traditional round whisks won’t get.
- Remember if you are reheating Mac n Cheese, allow it to be a little more ‘liquidy’. You can do this my adding more milk, heavy cream, or pasta water. The longer it sits, the more liquid the pasta will absorb and the dryer it will become.
- I chose to top this mac n cheese with crushed Cheetos. You do not have to top it at all. Or, you may want to top it with crushed potato chips, regular bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, or French’s Fried Onions.
You may also enjoy these Mac n Cheese recipes
Eight Cheese Mac n Cheese with Cheetos Recipe is cheese on cheese on cheese then topped with crunchy cheesy Cheetos!
- 8 ounces macaroni any shape
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk whole or 2%
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces smoked gouda shredded
- 1- ounce gruyere shredded
- 1- ounce parmesan shredded
- 1- ounce cheddar shredded
- 1- ounce Monterrey jack shredded
- 1- ounce Colby shredded
- 1- ounce mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper use white if you don't want to see the specks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed Cheetos
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add pasta and cook per package directions to al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- To a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add flour and whisk. Cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy whipping cream and milk. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir until cheese melts and is smooth
- Stir in pasta.
- Serve hot topped with crushed Cheetos.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you).