Cilantro Black Bean Burger are simple to make, good for you, and delicious! You’ll enjoy this recipe for Cilantro Black Bean Burger, it’s hearty and filling, even for the most ardent meat eater!
I know you probably think I’m morphing into a healthy food blogger with this Cilantro Black Bean Burger and some of my recent healthy recipes. I assure you that’s not the case.
My most favorite food in the world to eat is Mac and Cheese. To prove it, I’ve previously shared 3 Ingredient Mac n Cheese, Crawfish Mac n Cheese, Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese, Muenster Mac n Cheese, and even a Quinoa Mac n Cheese on this site.
Then there’s my Pound Cake series. Pound Cakes are my absolute favorite thing to bake. I think there are over 20 pound cake recipes that I’ve tested so far, with several more in the works.
So, you see, I’m not a healthy food blogger, but I have determined as I get older than I can’t eat Mac n Cheese for breakfast and a huge piece of cake for lunch. I’m trying to balance my food sins with healthier choices.
Cilantro Black Bean Burger
I started eating pre-made black bean veggie burgers when I was training for my first half marathon. I was trying to fill up, not out. Trust me, when you’re running that many miles, you’re hungry and tired all the time and you want to eat all the time. It actually is possible to gain weight if you don’t watch what you eat.
So I fell in love with black bean veggie burgers, but not the sodium that’s packed into some of the brands. Plus, it’s always cheaper to make from scratch.
If you like this Cilantro Black Bean Burger recipe, be sure to check out my recipe for a Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger, too.
More heathy recipes for you
- Pineapple Marinated Chicken Kabobs
- Blackberry Raspberry Ricotta Toast
- Black and Blueberry Ricotta Toast
- 15 Broccoli Recipes that aren’t Steamed
- One Pan Spinach Artichoke Orzo
- Burrata Eggs in Purgatory
- New Orleans Sausage Shrimp Crawfish Pasta
Cilantro Black Bean Burger
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 cups black beans 1 14.5 ounce can
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed
- 2 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1/4 cup corn fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs whole wheat or gluten free, panko crumbs will work as well
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor, process the jalapeno, onion, and garlic until fine.
- Add 1 cup beans, cilantro, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Process into a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the other 1 cup black beans, egg, bread crumbs, and corn.
- Stir until combined.
- Form into burger sized patties.
- Grill or pan saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Raw patties or cooked burgers may be frozen up to 4 weeks
- If the mixture is too moist add more breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon at a time.