Cilantro Black Bean Burger are simple to make, good for you, and delicious! You’ll enjoy this recipe for Cilantro Black Bean Burger, it’s hearty and filling, even for the most ardent meat eater!
I know you probably think I’m morphing into a healthy food blogger with this Cilantro Black Bean Burger and some of my recent posts. I assure you that’s not the case. My most favorite thing in the world to eat is Mac n Cheese. To prove it, I’ve previously shared 3 Ingredient Mac n Cheese, Crawfish Mac n Cheese, Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese, Muenster Mac n Cheese, and even a Quinoa Mac n Cheese on this site.
Then there’s my Pound Cake series. Pound Cakes are my absolute favorite thing to cook. I think there’s over 20 pound cake recipes that I’ve tested so far with several more in the works.
So, you see, I’m not a healthy food blogger, but I have determined as I get older than I can’t eat Mac n Cheese for breakfast and a huge piece of cake for lunch. I’m trying to balance my food sins with healthier choices.
Cilantro Black Bean Burger
I started eating pre-made black bean veggie burgers when I was training for my first half marathon. I was trying to fill up, not out. Trust me, when you’re running that many miles, you’re hungry and tired all the time and you want to eat all the time. It actually is possible to gain weight if you don’t watch what you eat.
So I fell in love with black bean veggie burgers, but not the sodium that’s packed into some of the brands. Plus, it’s always cheaper to make from scratch. If you like this Cilantro Black Bean Burger recipe too, check out my other version of a Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger.
Black Bean Burger
- 2 cups black beans (1 14.5 ounce can)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup corn, fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (whole wheat or gluten free, panko crumbs will work as well)
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor, process the jalapeno, onion, and garlic until fine.
- Add 1 cup beans, cilantro, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Process into a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the other 1 cup black beans, egg, bread crumbs, and corn.
- Stir until combined.
- Form into burger sized patties.
- Grill or pan saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
Raw patties or cooked burgers may be frozen up to 4 weeksIf the mixture is too moist add more breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon at a time.Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.