Pineapple Marinated Chicken Kabobs is an easy, delicious, low-carb recipe with chicken and peppers marinated in pineapple and lemon juice and grilled to perfection.
You can make these marinated chicken skewers on a grill pan or grill. As well, you can cook them on a sheet pan.
These chicken skewers are really good with Cilantro Lime Rice, Grilled Corn on the Cob, or Green Goddess Chopped Salad.
Pineapple Marinated Chicken Kabobs
These kabobs are
- Kid friendly
Grab your fork and dig into an explosion of flavor – mouthwatering pineapple marinated chicken kabobs! A perfect mix of juicy chunks of chicken combined with pineapple and bell peppers grilled to perfection. These kabobs are sure to satisfy.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland when you can make flavorful, nutrient-packed dishes like these! This tropical twist on a classic kabob recipe takes only 5 minutes of prep time and will have everyone coming back for seconds. With juicy grilled chicken, sweet pineapple chunks, and a delightful marinade, you can rest assured knowing that your guests will go home happy and full. Let’s get cooking!
Ingredients you’ll need for chicken kabobs
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Chicken breast, boneless skinless, cut in 1” chunks. You can also use chicken thighs.
- Pineapple, cut in 1” chunks (7.40 oz | 210 g). Fresh pineapple is best but you can use canned or frozen.
- Red bell pepper, cut in 1” cubes (4.93 oz | 140 g) or orange, yellow, or green bell peppers. Poblano peppers are also good. You can add onions as well.
- Lemon for the juice and the zest. Lime or orange are too as well.
- Dried basil. Rosemary or cilantro are substitute options.
- Red pepper flakes. Omit if you don’t like heat.
- Garlic, minced. I prefer fresh garlic.
- Extra virgin olive oil (2.02 fl.oz | 60 ml)
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
Meal Prep & Methods Lemon Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- You an chop the chicken and vegetables in advance and freeze or refrigerate them until you’re ready to marinate. If you plan to cook them within 48 hours refrigerate them. For longer than that, I recommend freezing it.
- Plan to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours up to 24 hours.
- From frozen, take them out of the freezer and add marinade to them the night before you plan to cook (24 hours). Refrigerate until you’re ready to cook. They’ll thaw and marinate simultaneously.
- From refrigerated, you can marinate 24 hours or 12 hours. So add the marinade the night before or the morning you plan to cook them and place it back in the fridge.
- Ideally, meat is at room temperature when you begin cooking it. Therefore, you want to sit it out a little early.
Grill or Grill Pan
- Marinade all ingredients in a large bowl with lid or ziplock bag.
- Soak wooden skewers in water while the chicken and vegetables marinate.
- Place chicken, pineapple and red bell pepper in skewers.
- Heat a grill pan on medium high heat. Grilled skewers on each side for 2 minutes until nicely browned.
Sheet Pan Method
- Place the chicken and vegetables in a single layer on a sheet pan that’s been lined with foil.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. The size of your chicken and vegetables will depend on how long they need to cook.
I love a good dipping sauce on almost everything. If you want a sauce, add 8 ounces pineapple juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar to a sauce pan. Add the marinade to a pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. While that’s simmering, stir together 1 tablespoon of cold water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add this mixture to your sauce after 7 or 8 minutes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Pineapple Marinated Chicken Kabobs FAQ
Yes, boneless and skinless chicken thighs work wonderfully in this recipe.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Cover them with a damp paper towel and reheat in the microwave on medium power.
Yes, seal in an airtight freezer bag and freeze for 4 weeks.
I recommend this grill pan and these sheet pans.
Pineapple Marinated Chicken Kabobs
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup pineapple cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup red bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium lemon juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or ziplock bag for 2 hours minimum up to 24 hours. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Thread chicken, pineapple, and red bell pepper in skewers.
- Heat a grill pan (or grill) to medium-high heat.
- Grilled skewers on each side for 2 minutes until nicely browned. Serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge.
Leave a Reply