These Sweet Heat Chicken Kabobs are bursting with flavor. Juicy and tender, this chicken is perfect for tailgating or a cookout.
Sweet and tangy, this grilled chicken hits all the wonderful flavor notes you’re looking for! Bonus? It’s quick, easy, & great for family dinners or parties.
Easy and tasty, this recipe is always a crowd-pleaser. This is a perfect idea for a summer dinner that’s low-carb, Keto, and gluten-free!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET HEAT CHICKEN KABOBS
- Skewers – You can use metal or wood skewers. However, soak your wood skewers for at least 30 minutes otherwise they can catch fire! For this chicken kabob recipe, I recommend soaking your skewers when you start marinating your chicken.
- Chicken – I prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts. However, you can use chicken thighs. The white meat of chicken breasts will cooker faster than dark meat. Therefore, if you’re using both white and dark meat, it’s a good idea to use all white on one skewer and all dark on the same skewer.
- Size – Cut your chicken into 1 and 1/2 to 2-inch cubes. Try to avoid cutting the chicken too small or it can easily overcook. As well, cut the chicken roughly the same size so it’ll cook evenly.
- Marinade – Marinating meat serves two purposes. It tenderizes and flavors the meat. Naturally, the longer you can marinate your meat the more flavor it will absorb. I like to marinate this chicken for six hours if I have time.
White meat chicken gets a bad reputation for being dry. It’s not dry if you don’t overcook it. Chicken is cooked when the juices run clear. A more accurate determination for doneness is temperature. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° F (75° Celsius). An instant-read thermometer is your best bet for determining the temperature of your chicken.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas in White Sauce
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
This post has been updated from an earlier version. Some new pictures and simplified recipe instructions are included.
Sweet Heat Chicken Kabobs
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Cube chicken in 2-inch cubes. Try to get all the pieces about the same size for more even cooking time. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a zip-top freezer bag. Remove 1/4 cup of marinade to use as a sauce for dipping; set aside. Place chicken in a bag with the remaining marinade; shake to coat chicken. Place the bag with chicken in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours up to 6 hours.
- Soak skewers submerged in water 10 minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Heat grill to 375 to 400 degrees. While the grill is heating, remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Thread chicken on skewers. Place chicken skewers directly over the heat source. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turn and cook another 5 to 7 minutes until done and slightly caramelized. Serve with reduced marinade.