These Sweet Heat Chicken Kabobs are bursting with flavor. Juicy and tender, this chicken is perfect for tailgating or a cookout.
Sweet and tangy, this grilled chicken hits all the wonderful flavor notes you’re looking for! Bonus? It’s quick, easy, & great for family dinners or parties.
Sweet Heat Chicken Kabobs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cube chicken in 2 inch cubes. Try to get all the pieces about the same size for more even cook time. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a zip-top freezer bag. Remove 1/4 cup of marinade to use as sauce for dipping; set aside. Place chicken in bag with remaining marinade; squeeze to coat chicken. Place bag with chicken in a bowl and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours up to 6 hours.
- Soak skewers submerged in water 10 minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Heat grill to 375 to 400 degrees. While grill is heating, remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Thread chicken on skewers. Place chicken skewers directly over heat source. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turn and cook another 5 to 7 minutes until done and slightly caramelized. Serve with reduced marinade.
Encore dish: Make extra chicken and serve over pre-packaged salad greens with your favorite dressing the next night.
More chicken dishes you’ll enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Wraps