These Sweet Heat Chicken Kabobs are bursting with flavor. Juicy and tender, this chicken is perfect for tailgating or a cookout.
Sweet and tangy, this grilled chicken hits all the wonderful flavor notes you’re looking for! Bonus? It’s quick, easy, & great for family dinners or parties.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cube chicken in 2 inch cubes. Try to get all the pieces about the same size for more even cook time. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a zip-top freezer bag. Remove 1/4 cup of marinade to use as sauce for dipping; set aside. Place chicken in bag with remaining marinade; squeeze to coat chicken. Place bag with chicken in a bowl and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours up to 6 hours.
- Soak skewers submerged in water 10 minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Heat grill to 375 to 400 degrees. While grill is heating, remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Thread chicken on skewers. Place chicken skewers directly over heat source. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turn and cook another 5 to 7 minutes until done and slightly caramelized. Serve with reduced marinade.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Encore dish: Make extra chicken and serve over pre-packaged salad greens with your favorite dressing the next night.
More chicken dishes you’ll enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Wraps