Double Chocolate Muffins are densely packed with chocolate chips and cocoa. This recipe is so simple and does not require a mixer.
Chocolate muffins are a legit reason to have chocolate for breakfast. These muffins are rich, moist, super fudgy, and perfect alongside a cup of milk for breakfast or a cup of tea at any time of day.
Double Chocolate Muffins
There is so much chocolatey goodness in these muffins. There’s yummy chocolatey goodness in every bite and they are easy to make! No wonder they’re a family favorite!
Another way to serve these Double Chocolate Muffins is they can easily be a dessert in the form of a cupcake. They are slightly denser than a cupcake but just as decadent. Frost with a fudgy frosting for even more deliciousness.
Best Baking Tip
The main tip when making muffins is don’t over mix them. You never need to use a mixer for muffins! Over mixing will make the muffins tough. Instead, you want to blend until everything is combined. There may still be some dry clumps but that’s okay. The small dry clumps will work themselves out.
Chocolate Muffins are freezer friendly!
Muffins freeze great so make extra when you’re cooking for those busy mornings. To freeze, wait until they’re completely cooled and place them in an airtight container or a ziptop freezer bag.
When you are ready to eat, you can microwave for a few seconds for delicious warm muffins. You can also put them in the refrigerator the night before to thaw some for quick reheating.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Strawberry Cream Muffins
- 11 Tasty Muffins that’ll get you out of bed
- Easy Overnight Oatmeal
- Elegant Individual Quiche
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- You can also find great recipes at my recipe index
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Double Chocolate Muffins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 12 standard-size muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with foil wrappers.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine Greek yogurt, egg, milk, and vanilla
- Add melted chocolate and Greek yogurt mixture to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Batter will be thick and lumpy. Don't over-stir.
- Fold in remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm plain or with butter.