Double Chocolate Muffins are densely packed with chocolate chips and cocoa.
My boys (Big Daddy included) would eat biscuits and bacon or pancakes and bacon for breakfast every single day. I get tired of eating and making the same breakfast day after day. Since Lincoln loves my Chocolate Chip Muffins, I decided to throw a little more chocolate their way today with these scrumptious Double Chocolate Muffins. That’s right, deuce! Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips. All together now….Yummmmmmmmmm!
Although I adapted a muffin recipe for these Double Chocolate Muffins, they can easily double as a cupcake. Slightly more dense than a cupcake, but just as decadent.
Double Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12 standard size muffin tins with non-cook spray or line with foil wrappers.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add 1/2 c chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remvoe from heat. Set aside.
- Add melted chocolate and Greek yogurt mixture to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Batter will be thick and lumpy. Don't over-stir.
- Fold in remaining 3/4 c chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm plain or with butter.
You may also like these breakfast recipes: