Green Chile Cheddar Dip with
This dip is no-nonsense and straight-forward to make. You simply mix everything in a bowl, place it in a dish, and bake it until the cheese melts into ooey, gooey deliciousness.
Green chiles give the dip a distinctive flavor without being overpowering or hot. It’s a mild pepper, unlike jalapenos. I almost always use canned green chiles; they are so convenient!
Green Chile Cheddar Dip
A few tips about the ingredients
- Cream cheese – I used regular
cream cheese. I don’t like to use low-fat or fat-free cream cheesein recipes that are cooked and hot. The lower fat versions don’t melt creamy in my opinion.
- Cheese – I like how cheddar tastes with green chiles. However, Pepper Jack, Monterrey, and Colby cheese would all be good.
- Green Chiles – You can’t have a green chile dip without green chiles. I’ve tried a lot of different brands and they’re all good. However, I find generic not to be as good.
- Garlic and cumin add a nice flavor, don’t skip them.
- Add salt sparingly and taste test.
As mentioned above, you can serve this with tortilla chips, Scoops, or pork rinds for a low carb substitute. For healthier options, try carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
Microwave your Green Chile Cheddar Dip!
You can microwave this dip. Simply place all the ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup cheddar, in your serving dish (remember it needs to be microwave safe and oven safe) and heat it at 30-second intervals. Stir it after each interval. After it’s hot, sprinkle the reserved cheese on top and broil in the oven or toaster oven to melt.
Can I make it in a slow cooker?
Yes! Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. Heat on low 60 to 90 minutes. Stir and serve.
If you’re a green chile fan, check out these recipes!
Green Chile Cheddar Dip
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 4.5 ounce cans green chiles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix thoroghly cream cheese, 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, green chiles, and all spices.
- Spread in a shallow baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes until the dip is heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.