Green Chile Cheddar Dip with cream cheese, cheddar, green chiles, and spices is simple to mix together in minutes. It’s then baked until hot, gooey, and bubbly. Serve this dip recipe with tortilla chips or pork rinds for a low carb substitute.
This dip is no-nonsense and straight-forward to make. You simply mix everything in a bowl, place it in a dish, and bake it until the cheese melts into ooey, gooey deliciousness.
Green chiles give the dip a distinctive flavor without being overpowering or hot. It’s a mild pepper, unlike jalapenos. I almost always use canned green chiles; they are so convenient!
Green Chile Cheddar Dip
A few tips about the ingredients
- Cream cheese – I used regular cream cheese. I don’t like to use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese in recipes that are cooked and hot. The lower fat versions don’t melt creamy in my opinion.
- Cheese – I like how cheddar tastes with green chiles. However, Pepper Jack, Monterrey, and Colby cheese would all be good.
- Green Chiles – You can’t have a green chile dip without green chiles. I’ve tried a lot of different brands and they’re all good. However, I find generic not to be as good.
- Garlic and cumin add a nice flavor, don’t skip them.
- Add salt sparingly and taste test.
As mentioned above, you can serve this with tortilla chips, Scoops, or pork rinds for a low carb substitute. For healthier options, try carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
Microwave your Green Chile Cheddar Dip!
You can microwave this dip. Simply place all the ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup cheddar, in your serving dish (remember it needs to be microwave safe and oven safe) and heat it at 30-second intervals. Stir it after each interval. After it’s hot, sprinkle the reserved cheese on top and broil in the oven or toaster oven to melt.
Can I make it in a slow cooker?
Yes! Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. Heat on low 60 to 90 minutes. Stir and serve.
If you’re a green chile fan, check out these recipes!
Green Chile Cheddar Dip
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 4.5 ounce cans green chiles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix thoroghly cream cheese, 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, green chiles, and all spices.
- Spread in a shallow baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes until the dip is heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply