Green Chile Cheese Wonton Cups are an easy appetizer made with a muffin tin, wonton wrappers, and delicious green chile dip!
Green Chile Cheese Dip is beyond delicious, serving it baked in a wonton cup makes an impressive and elegant appetizer!
How many times have you panicked over what to take to a party? You have a box and online file full of recipes but you can’t think of one recipe to make! Am I right?
Here’s your answer to that plight. Now, you may recall I posted Quick Chile Cheese Dip a while back. You can serve this filling as a dip, in wonton cups, in biscuit cups, in quesadillas. It’s truly versatile. You can find that recipe here.
How to make Green Chile Cheese Wonton Cups
- First, I do find it much easier to mix if the
cream cheeseis at room temperature. However, don’t fret if you forgot to set it out. You can microwave the cream cheeseon medium for a few seconds to warm it.
- Next, you can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn. You’ll need to cook fresh and frozen corn. For canned, you can simply drain the corn.
- Also, drain the green chile peppers.
- Shred pepper jack cheese.
- Finally, mix together the
cream cheese, corn, green chile peppers, Pepper Jack cheese, and garlic.
- Optional, you can add cayenne pepper, hot sauce, or Sriracha sauce if you want a little zing to the dip.
- I get the wonton wrappers that are about 3×3 inches, not the egg roll-size wrappers.
Tips for wontons
- I use regular muffin tins for larger bites. However, you can use a mini muffin tin for super cute bites. You’ll need more wonton wrappers if you make small cups.
- Lightly spritz the wonton wrappers with this cooking spray to help them brown and crisp in the oven.
While you’re here, check out these dip recipes
Green Chile Cheese Wonton Cups
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 24 wonton wrappers this size
- 1 and ½ cups Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup corn see notes above
- 4 ounces green chiles drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- In a bowl, mix cheese, cream cheese, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in chiles and corn careful not to break up too much.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper on each muffin cup and lightly spritz with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the filling into the wonton wrappers.
- Bake at 350°F for 22-25 minutes or until wonton cups are brown & crispy & filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve hot or room temperature