A necessary indulgence any day of the week, Strawberry Cream Muffins are filled with cream cheese and strawberry jam. This creamy and sweet filling perfectly complements the slightly sweet muffins.
I could not get enough of these muffins.
Do you enjoy lazy mornings? A cup of hot coffee, your favorite magazine, cruising Pinterest, and a sweet treat?
These muffins are bright and cheery. I muffin itself is not sweet, in fact, the batter is much like a biscuit dough with flour, butter, cream, and a little sugar.
The strawberry jam adds a sweet touch. And, just the small amount of cream cheese is just the perfect amount of creaminess. I think all muffins should have a little cream cheese in them!
Strawberry Cream Muffins
This is a super easy, fast, no mixer, one bowl recipe. The process for these muffins is quite simple as you’ll see in the video below.
- Strawberry filling
- Cream cheese filling
For the muffins, cold butter is key. Cut it into cubes or grate it like cheese the cut or mix it into the flour and sugar.
I think these muffins make a beautiful presentation with the strawberry jelly covering the top! Even though they’re easy enough for weekday on-the-go breakfast, these muffins are elegant enough for special occasions and brunch guests.
*Not a fan of strawberry jam? Use your favorite jelly or jam.
Strawberry Cream Muffins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cup baking mix like Bisquick, Pioneer, or Jiffy
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 Tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/2 oz cream cheese cubed into 6 cubes
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (For busy mornings, do this step the night before. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Pre-measure milk, strawberry jam, and cube cream cheese; store in the fridge. Set out a muffin tin and non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Mix heavy cream with baking mix, just until combined. Donâ??t over-mix, the batter will be thick and lumpy. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin pan 2/3 full with batter. Create an indention in the top of the muffin and spoon 1 tsp jam on top in the center of each muffin. Top with 1 cube cream cheese and press slightly into the muffin.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans 2 minutes before removing. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 muffins