A necessary indulgence any day of the week, Strawberry Cream Muffins are filled with cream cheese and strawberry jam. This creamy and sweet filling perfectly compliments the slightly sweet muffins.
I could not get enough of these muffins.
Do you enjoy lazy mornings? A cup of hot coffee, your favorite magazine, cruising Pinterest, and a sweet treat?
These muffins are bright and cheery. I muffin itself is not sweet, in fact, the batter is much like a biscuit dough with flour, butter, cream, and a little sugar.
The strawberry jam adds a sweet touch. And, just the small amount of cream cheese is just the perfect amount of creaminess. I think all muffins should have a little cream cheese in them!
This is a super easy, fast, no mixer, one bowl recipe. The process for these muffins is quite simple as you’ll see in the video below.
- Strawberry filling
- Cream cheese filling
For the muffins, cold butter is key. Cut it into cubes or grate it like cheese the cut or mix it into the flour and sugar.
I think these muffins make a beautiful presentation with the strawberry jelly covering the top! Even though they’re easy enough for weekday on-the-go breakfast, these Strawberry Cream Muffins are elegant enough for special occasions and brunch guests.
*Not a fan of strawberry jam? Use your favorite jelly or jam.
Strawberry Cream Muffins
- 2 cup baking mix like Bisquick, Pioneer, or Jiffy
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 Tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/2 oz cream cheese cubed into 6 cubes
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (For busy mornings, do this step the night before. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Pre-measure milk, strawberry jam, and cube cream cheese; store in fridge. Set out muffin tin and non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Mix heavy cream with baking mix, just until combined. Donâ??t over-mix, batter will be thick and lumpy. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin pan 2/3 full with batter. Create an indention in the top of the muffin and spoon 1 tsp jam on top in center of each muffin. Top with 1 cube cream cheese and press slightly into muffin.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans 2 minutes before removing. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 muffins