Studded with chocolate chips these Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins are super moist, soft, and fluffy with a sweet banana flavor.
For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects, and exciting news subscribe to Call Me PMc
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins
Perfect bananas for this recipe may not look so perfect. Allow the bananas to get very ripe, very speckled or almost black. The darker the skin, the sweeter the banana will be.
Most noteworthy, watch carefully and don’t overcook your muffins. Banana bread and banana muffins are like chocolate cake, they’re easily overcooked.
I added oats for more fiber and protein powder for more protein. Protein powder is optional.
As well, you can substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour.
I added a scant cup of chocolate chips. It was just enough to add a chocolate taste in every bite but not enough to make them like a dessert or to unhealthy. Alternately, you can substitute peanut butter or butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips.
You can make these in a loaf pan, simply add 15 to 20 minutes to your cook. I recommend baking at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness with a wooden pick.
How to Freeze Muffins:
First of all, if you meal prep these muffins freeze wonderfully and make a quick and nutritious breakfast when you’re in a rush.
To freeze Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins, allow them to cool completely. Next, wrap them in plastic wrap, place in a zip-top bag, and press as much air as you can out. Freeze.
To thaw, set them out at room temperature to thaw. I find they thaw quickly.
Alternately, you can microwave them but use caution. I recommend merely defrosting them, as heating them too much will make the muffins hard.
How to Make the Best Muffins:
- I love this muffin pan for baking muffins
- To get even-sized muffins, I like to use a spring-release scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin tin.
- Make sure to use paper or silicone liners, or spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or your muffins will stick
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO Call Me Pmc Newsletter FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX! You may also want to join my Facebook Group, Call Me Pmc- Easy Recipes.
Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil canola, coconut
- 1/4 cup milk whole, 1%, 2%, almond, or cashew
- 2 medium bananas over-ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or unflavored protein powder optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and protein powder if you're adding it.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and mashed bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips if you're adding them
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups - they will be quite full. Bake for 15 to 16 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
You can also find great recipes here or at Meal Plan Monday or Weekend Potluck.
Pacman 30th Anniversary says
Wow, I am glad I found this recipe. It was really great.
io games says
I made these and froze them. They thaw easily in the microwave at 25 seconds (for one) if you can’t wait! Delicious!
Definitely give it a go!