Orange Bundt Cake is tender with a wonderful citrus flavor. It has a ribbon of orange zest filled sweetened cream cheese running through it making it a moist and delicious recipe.
I love to bake and I love to bake from scratch. Having said that, I also love to start a cake with a mix when my time is tight. (You can see some of my Cookie and Cake Mix creations here.)
The benefit of using cake mixes as a base for cake is it takes me slightly less time when I use a cake mix and using a cake mix gives me very consistent results every time.
You may also like these cake mix cakes.
Orange Bundt Cake
This cake starts with a mix. Additionally, Orange Bundt Cake is full of orange flavor from orange gelatin, orange juice, and orange zest. The ‘frosting’ is in the center of this cake in the form of a cream cheese ribbon running throughout the cake.
The cream cheese is spiked with orange juice, orange zest, and just enough sugar to slightly sweeten it.
The most important tip I can offer for making this cake is to liberally grease the bundt pan. As well, you’ll need to wait 45 to 50 minutes for the cake to cool before inverting it onto a serving tray. The cream cheese needs to be cool before inverting the cake or it will stick and/or the cake will come apart at the cream cheese layer.
I use this Classic Nonstick 9-1/2-Inch bundt pan for this Orange Bundt Cake.
I created a video tutorial to show you my method for making this cake. Take a quick look, it’s not very long.
Orange Bundt Cake is tender with wonderful citrus flavor. It has a ribbon of orange zest filled cream cheese in it making it a moist & delicious recipe
- 1 package butter flavored yellow cake mix
- 3 ounce package orange flavored gelatin (dry mix only, I use Jello brand)
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup salted butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Grease a 9 and 1/2 inch or 10 inch bundt pan liberally with solid vegetable shortening.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cake mix for the filling
Add butter to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs, cake mix, gelatin, and orange juice to butter and mix 2 to 3 minutes until everything is combined and smooth.
- Spread approximately 3/4 of the cake batter in the prepared bundt pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and 1/4 cup cake mix to a small bowl.
- Cream until mixture is smooth.
- Add mixture to a ziptop bag and snip the end off.
- Add the filling on top of the first layer of cake batter.
Top with the remaining cake batter. Bake
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes
- Cool cake for 45 minutes before inverting on a serving platter.
- Add confectioners sugar and orange juice to a bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixture until smooth
- Pour over cool cake
- Serve and enjoy
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you).