Woodford Reserve Bourbon Eggnog Cheesecake with Vanilla Wafer Crust recipe bakes rich eggnog and a shot of bourbon into your favorite smooth and creamy cheesecake. Your two favorite holiday beverages in dessert form!
If you’re a regular reader you may have noticed I’ve been sharing eggnog recipes recently. I made an Eggnog Pound Cake and Eggnog Scones. Yes, I like eggnog but I didn’t realize that no one else in the family likes it. I bought a large container of eggnog to enjoy and when I got home with it not one other person in the family would drink it. I hate to waste it and didn’t
need want all those calories.
Eggnog is the perfect ingredient to use in a creamy cheesecake. Eggnog in and of itself is silky and luscious.
In fact, if you have eggnog that needs to be used, you can substitute it in recipes when the recipe calls for heavy cream, half & half, milk, sweetened condensed milk, etc. In some instances, eggnog can be substituted for cream cheese. Basically, eggnog can be substituted for any milk product. However, eggnog is sweet so consider that, I wouldn’t use eggnog in savory recipes.
I have seen several recipes for no-bake eggnog cheesecakes but I like the texture of baked cheesecakes. I modified my recipe for Traditional Cheesecake for this Woodford Reserve Bourbon Eggnog Cheesecake with Vanilla Wafer Crust recipe.
Woodford Reserve Bourbon Eggnog Cheesecake with Vanilla Wafer Crust
- If you have never baked a cheesecake before, please read my post “How to Bake the Perfect Cheesecake“. I have shared great tips for you for a no-fail cheesecake.
- Use only real butter.
- Use only a name brand and full-fat cream cheese. It really does make a difference.
- You can use your favorite brand of bourbon. Rum and amaretto will also be good in this cheesecake.
- For a non-alcoholic version, substitute 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in the cheesecake and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in the topping.
- You may also use heavy whipping cream for the eggnog in this recipe.
- For a no-bake version try No-Bake Eggnog Cheesecake.
Woodford Reserve Bourbon Eggnog Cheesecake with Vanilla Wafer Crust recipe
- 3 (8- ounce packages) cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup eggnog without alcohol at room temperature
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Woodford Reserve bourbon or your favorite bourbon see notes in post above for non-alcoholic substitutions
- 2 cups Greek yogurt substitutions listed above
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Woodford Reserve bourbon see post above for substitutions
- Fill 9x13 inch pan with water and place on the bottom rack in your oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cream cheese to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth.
- Add sugar, salt, and flour, and mix until smooth.
- Slowly pour in eggnog and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed until just blended. You can also stir beaten eggs in by hand with a spatula. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Gently stir in bourbon.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for 50 minutes. Do not open the oven door while it's baking. After 50 minutes turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for 10 minutes. (The cheesecake is done if the top is slightly puffy and set except for a small area in the center that should still appear soft and jiggly. This will set upon cooling.)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the topping ingredients: Greek yogurt, sugar, and bourbon.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and spoon topping over cheesecake. Gently spread it evenly over cheesecake.
- Return the cheesecake to the oven (the oven is still OFF). And allow it to sit in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the oven door but LEAVE THE CHEESECAKE IN THE OVEN for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely on the countertop. This can take 2 to 3 hours for it to cool completely.
- After it cools completely, refrigerate the cheesecake for 8 to 10 hours before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container.