Best coffee cake ever!! Cranberry Eggnog Crumb Coffee Cake has so much flavor, is super moist, and that crumb topping is everything! A tender eggnog, vanilla cake is filled with cranberries and topped with a buttery crumb topping. A delicious treat for breakfast or dessert.
I had time to do something today that I haven’t since….well, practically since I started blogging!
I have been so stressed and been so busy the last month on Call Me PMc that I have worked harder than I ever have before on the blog. A busy this time of year and I thought I was prepared for it. I worked hard and got a couple of weeks posts ready. But, offers kept coming, and I hate to turn down paying gigs.
So I kept working and cooking and writing and photographing and editing.
Then today, I looked up and literally…wait for it….
I was caught up!
Like, I have three weeks of posts scheduled and all my paying gigs finished.
So I sat for a minute and thought, “What the hell do I do now?!”
I thought about mopping
I thought about napping
I’ve got it, I’ll visit my friends’ blogs and read and see what they’ve been doing!
But, first, I’ll share my latest! I made this Cranberry Eggnog Crumb Coffee Cake and I think you’ll like it a lot.
Cranberry Eggnog Crumb Coffee Cake
I love a coffee cake. This one is no exception. My Cranberry Eggnog Crumb Cake has a soft texture with just the right about of sweet and crunch from the streusel topping. It’s buttery and dense without being to heavy. You’ll love the tart burst of flavor from the dried cranberries. Plus, don’t you think cranberries and Christmas go hand in hand? It’s perfect for the holidays!
Cranberry Eggnog Crumb Coffee Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon peppermint extract or 1 Tablespoon peppermint Coffee-mate liquid coffee creamer
- 1 and 1/4 cup eggnog room temperature
- 2 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup dried cranberries you can reduce this to 1 cup, if you preferCrumb topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For cake: Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, cream until smooth. Add vanilla, peppermint and eggnog and continue mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, cover cranberries with 1 T of the flour mixiture. Toss to coat.*
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar/egg mixture, slowly. Mix until combined.
- Assemble: Pour the cake batter into prepared 10-inch springform pan. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cranberries over batter. Sprinkle crumb topping over cranberries.
- Place springform pan on a cookie and into the oven. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Start checking cake at 55 minutes unless you know exactly how your oven bakes. It took my cake 1 hour 10 minutes, but my neighbor only baked hers for 1 hour. Every oven is different.
- Remove from oven when cake test comes out clean and cake is no longer 'jiggly' in the center. Allow to cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, run a knife around the edge, but do not try to remove from pan until it is only slightly still warm (like an hour!)