Super easy Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Casserole is stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese. It’s an easy and delicious breakfast bake!
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Casserole has warm and delicious flavors and comes together for the ultimate breakfast…or dessert…whichever you prefer!
It’s sweet, but not too sweet. You can easily adjust the sugar if you don’t like sweet items for breakfast. And it does have fruit – that’s healthy, right?
Soft ciabatta bread is laced with fresh strawberries, vanilla, and cream cheese create an epic French toast casserole.
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Casserole
- I have used french bread, Italian bread, ciabatta bread, baguette bread, and even glamorous hot buns for the bread in this recipe.
- You need dry bread so that it soaks up the custard. Even when I have one or two-day-old bread I often use this method to toast the bread and dry it out even more. Cut your bread into 1-inch cubes and place them on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Next, place them in a preheated 300°F oven. Bake them for about 10 minutes. Test to see how dry they are and return if necessary.
- Allow the bread to soak in the custard at least 15 minutes, however, the longer the better. You can even allow it to soak overnight in the refrigerator.
Super easy Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Casserole is stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese. It's an easy and delicious breakfast bake!
- 8 ounce loaf ciabatta bread cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounce cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup half and half whole milk, or heavy cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves I used low sugar Smucker's
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube bread. Spread bread cubes out on a cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine half and half, sweetened condensed milk, and sugar. Add bread cubes to milk mixture; allow to sit 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and vanilla; whisk. Pour over bread and stir until everything is combined.
- In another small bowl, stir together strawberries and strawberry preserves. Set aside.
- Spray an 8x8 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray. Pour half of the bread into casserole dish. (Use the same method if serving individual ramekin portions.)
- Top with cream cheese cubes. Drop spoonfuls of strawberry mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread mixture.
- Pour melted butter over bread.
- Place casserole dish on a cookie sheet to catch drips.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn oven to 400 degrees and bake another 10 minutes until top is golden brown and 'crusty'. (For ramekins, bake at 375 for 25 to 20 minutes)
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula