Pink Salty Dog is the perfect blend of sweet and sour. This cocktail is a refreshing combination of grapefruit juice and vodka with a salted rim. It is perfect for summer!
Pink Salty Dog
It’s 5 o’clock! Where’s your cocktail??
This easy cocktail has three simple ingredients.
- Grapefruit juice
The key to this Pink Salty Dog is good grapefruit juice. A good quality grapefruit juice has a fresh-squeezed taste with notes of both sweet and sour. Go for organic if you can, they’re usually higher quality. Yes, even for a cocktail, quality matters.
- Pineapple Party Punch
- Hippie Juice
- Caramel Bourbon Milkshake
- Blue Lagoon Jello Shots
- Bikini Martini
- 15 Mojito Recipes
How to rim a glass
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl of water, lime juice, or lemon juice. Dip the rim of your glass into the liquid. Alternatively, you could cut a lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it.
- Step two, you want to evenly dip the rim into the sugar, salt, or whatever you’re riming the glass with. I have used nonpareils and chocolate. You may want to use coconut or sprinkles, dependingly on what you’re serving. Get creative.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour it into your glass.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Pink Salty Dog
- 3 oz ruby red grapefruit
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 tsp grenadine
- salt for rim
- Lime wedge for garnish
- DO NOT COPY AND PASTE DIRECTIONS WHEN SHARING.
- Run a lime wedge around edge of glass and roll in salt. Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Add grapefruit, vodka, and grenadine to glass. Stir. Garnish with lime if desired. Serve and enjoy!