Pink Salty Dog is the perfect blend of sweet and sour. This cocktail is a refreshing combination of grapefruit juice and vodka with a salted rim. It is perfect for summer!
Pink Salty Dog
It’s 5 o’clock! Where’s your cocktail??
This easy cocktail has three simple ingredients.
- Grapefruit juice
The key to this Pink Salty Dog is good grapefruit juice. A good quality grapefruit juice has a fresh-squeezed taste with notes of both sweet and sour. Go for organic if you can, they’re usually higher quality. Yes, even for a cocktail, quality matters.
How to rim a glass
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl of water, lime juice, or lemon juice. Dip the rim of your glass into the liquid. Alternatively, you could cut a lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it.
- Step two, you want to evenly dip the rim into the sugar, salt, or whatever you’re riming the glass with. I have used nonpareils and chocolate. You may want to use coconut or sprinkles, dependingly on what you’re serving. Get creative.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour it into your glass.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated March 7, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Pink Salty Dog
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 ounces ruby red grapefruit
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ teaspoon grenadine
- salt for rim
- Lime wedge, mint, thyme, or rosemary for garnish
- Run a lime or grapefruit wedge around the edge of the glass and roll in salt.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Add grapefruit, vodka, and grenadine to the glass. Stir.
- Garnish with lime if desired. Serve and enjoy!