Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a delicoius breakfast that’s also incredibly convenient to make. This mouthwatering casserole is the perfect solution for those mornings when you want a hearty and satisfying breakfast without all the morning hustle. Just prepare it the night before, pop it in the oven in the morning, and voila, you have a delightful morning delight ready to enjoy.
Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
This recipe is a symphony of flavors that will awaken your taste buds. The combination of savory breakfast sausage, crispy hash browns, and two kinds of cheese makes for a rich and indulgent experience. The addition of green chiles adds a subtle kick, while the green onions provide a refreshing contrast. The eggs and cream (or whole milk) create a creamy, custardy texture that binds everything together. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and a touch of paprika, the casserole offers a perfect balance of flavors and a satisfying, cheesy, and slightly spicy bite in every forkful.
When you take your first bite, you’ll be greeted by the crispy texture of the golden-brown hash browns, followed by the explosion of flavors from the sausage and cheese. It’s like a breakfast party in your mouth. This casserole is the epitome of comfort food, and the best part is, you can enjoy it with minimal effort.
What you’ll need for this breakfast casserole
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- Breakfast sausage
- Hash browns, thawed if frozen
- Ground black pepper
- Green chiles diced, undrained
- Green onions sliced
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Pepper jack cheese shredded
- Heavy cream or whole milk
Overnight Sausage Casserole FAQ
Yes, you can assemble the casserole and freeze it for up to three months. When ready to bake, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking as directed.
Absolutely! You can customize this casserole to your preference. Bacon or ham can be excellent alternatives to sausage.
While hash browns are recommended for their convenience, you can certainly use regular peeled and shredded potatoes if you prefer. Just be sure to remove excess moisture to achieve a crispy texture.
If you’re looking for a lighter version, consider using turkey or chicken sausage, reduced-fat cheese, and a lower-fat milk alternative. You can still enjoy the flavors while reducing the calorie content.
Hash Brown Casserole Summary
Our Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a breakfast sensation. It’s the ideal choice for a cozy family breakfast, brunch with friends, or even a make-ahead option for busy weekday mornings (or nights). The convenience of preparing it the night before means you can wake up to the smell of a delicious, freshly baked casserole without the stress of morning cooking. This dish offers a combination of textures and flavors that will leave you craving for more.
Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a scrumptious breakfast option that caters to your taste buds and busy schedule. Give it a try, and you’ll be amazed at how it can transform your mornings into something special.
More recipes to break the fast
- Grits Casserole Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
- Small Batch Cheddar Biscuits
- Banana Split Overnight Oatmeal Bowl
- Bacon egg casserole
- Butter Swim Cinnamon Biscuits
Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound breakfast sausage cooked and drained
- 20 ounces hash browns thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces green chiles diced, undrained
- 2 medium green onions sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Spread hash browns in the bottom of the baking pan. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the green chiles, shredded cheddar, salt, pepper, paprika, and green onions to the sausage and stir. Remove the hash browns from the oven and spread the sausage mixture over the hash browns.
- Whisk heavy cream and eggs together in a bowl. Pour the heavy cream and eggs over the sausage and hashbrowns. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. Or, if you're cooking immediately place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the hashbrowns are tender. Allow the casserole to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.