Potluck Apple Cake Recipe. When it comes to potluck gatherings, there’s one dessert that never fails to steal the show – the Potluck Apple Cake. This delectable treat is a perfect combination of warm, comforting flavors that are sure to make your taste buds dance with delight. Let’s dive into what makes this cake so special and answer some frequently asked questions about it.
Potluck Apple Cake Recipe
Potluck Apple Cake is a delicious dessert that’s perfect for sharing at gatherings and potluck events. It consists of a moist, spiced apple cake loaded with chunks of fresh apples and sometimes nuts, all topped with a sweet glaze or frosting. It’s a popular choice for fall and autumn occasions when apples are in season.
What does Potluck Apple Cake taste like?
Potluck Apple Cake is a delightful blend of sweet and spiced flavors that truly embody the essence of autumn. The cake’s crumb is moist and tender, with a hint of cinnamon that adds warmth to every bite. What sets this cake apart is the generous addition of fresh, finely chopped apples. They bring a delightful tartness and a burst of natural sweetness that perfectly complements the rich, buttery cake.
But the magic doesn’t stop there. The frosting on top is a creamy, dreamy concoction that’s a mix of
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar or light brown sugar
- Apple 1 large, peeled and finely chopped
- Eggs at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil or liquid coconut oil or melted butter
- Greek yogurt or buttermilk or sour cream
- Butter at room temperature
- Cream cheese at room temperature
- Confectioners sugar sifted then measured
- Heavy whipping cream
- Pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
Apple Cake Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! You can experiment with various apple varieties to achieve different flavor profiles. Granny Smith apples will provide a tangy contrast, while sweeter apples like Gala or Honeycrisp can enhance the cake’s sweetness.
Yes, you can. In fact, the flavors tend to meld and intensify if the cake is allowed to sit for a day or two. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
While the cream cheese frosting is a classic choice, you can certainly get creative. A simple glaze, a caramel drizzle, or even a dusting of powdered sugar can be delightful alternatives.
Of course! Nuts would be wonderful but are entirely optional. This cake will be delicious with any nut. Try pecans, walnuts, almonds, or peanuts.
Yes, this cake is vegetarian-friendly, provided you use vegetarian versions of ingredients like eggs (if desired) and ensure your choice of frosting meets your dietary preferences.
In conclusion, Potluck Apple Cake is a warm and inviting dessert that encapsulates the cozy essence of fall. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will have your friends and family coming back for seconds, and it’s incredibly versatile. Whether you serve it at a potluck, family gathering, or just a cozy evening at home, this cake is bound to make sweet memories. So, why wait? Bake up a delicious slice of autumn today!
This cake is good without icing, but if you like sweeter cakes you may want to frost it. Caramel Frosting is good. You’ll need to half of this caramel frosting recipe. Browned butter cream cheese frosting is another option.
I put a Fluffy
Potluck Apple Cake Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple 1 large, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil or liquid coconut oil or melted butter
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or buttermilk or sour cream
- ⅓ cup butter at room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 and ¾ cup confectioners sugar sifted then measured
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cup Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch round cake pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil, and yogurt. Whisk briefly to break up the egg yolks.
- Add wet and dry ingredients and gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over-mix—spoon batter into the prepared tin.
- To make the cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, sugar, and butter. Mix until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk. Drizzle glaze all over the cake.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth, add confectioner sugar with the mixer on low. Add vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip. Top the top and sides of your completely cooled cake.
- You'll need to store this cake in the refrigerator. It'll be good 3 to 5 days refrigerated.