Brown Butter Frosting Recipe is flavored with brown butter for a delicious frosting that’s perfect on cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and more! It’s simply magical! This one extra step makes your recipes richer and more delicious!
I am in love with brown butter. I have started browning butter for many of my all-time favorite recipes now. Honestly, it’s magical. It is nutty, caramel-ly, fragrant, and rich. It adds so much depth of flavor to recipes.
Brown Butter Frosting is my favorite frosting recipe. I don’t know why I haven’t made it before now, but glad I finally discovered this treat.
Brown Butter Frosting Recipe
First, you need to know how to perfectly BROWN BUTTER. The process of cooking butter to golden brown results in a rich, nutty flavor that is delicious for both savory and sweet recipes. I wrote a detailed post How to Brown Butter. Click over and read through that post first. It’s a quick read. I’ll wait here…
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Blue Ribbon Roasted Carrot Pound Cake with Pineapple Mascarpone Frosting Recipe
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Sheet Cake with Grapefruit Cream Cheese Frosting
- Scratch-Made Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Brown Butter Frosting Recipe with one extra step of browning the butter, you can have an extraordinary icing. Frost cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and more with this rich, sweet, nutty icing.
- 1 cup brown butter
- 8 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
Brown your butter. How to Brown Butter here.
Add powdered sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer. Add heavy cream, vanilla, and browned butter to the powdered sugar.
Beat until smooth. Add more cream if frosting is too thick (or more powdered sugar if it's too thin.)
Frost cake and serve. Store in an airtight container on the countertop for 3 to 4 days. Or, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 6 to 7 days.