Soft, buttery and fluffy rolls are filled with cream cheese and strawberry jam in this semi-homemade breakfast sweet roll – Sister Schubert Strawberry Cream Pull Apart Bread!
In a recent interview, I was asked what celebrity I’d like to cook with. I’ve never thought about it, because I’m not really star-struck. I answered Ree Drummond, but have since been thinking. It’s not that I really want to cook with Ree, but I would like to visit and see the ranch. I’d also like to know how she juggles homeschooling, blogging, raising a family and making a tv show.
I’d like to have a cocktail and Michael Simmon and Mario Batali. I became fans of them after watching The Chew. Actually, I’d just like to hang out on the set of The Chew. It’s a great show, dontchathink?
I did get to cook with Sister Barnes of Sister Schubert’s Parker House Style rolls fame. It’s was an experience that I’ll never forget! Sister uses her rolls for bread crumbs, croutons, served toasted with dips, in Southern-style dressing, and bread pudding.
Therefore, I decided to make an original recipe with the rolls.
Sometimes I like shortcut ‘semi-homemade’ recipes. I find Sister Schubert’s rolls a great base for a lot of different quick recipes. I made Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread and Sister Schubert’s Poppy Seeds Sausage Rolls that both begin with Sister Schubert rolls. Today I’m sharing what will surely become one of my favorite snacks and short-cut breakfasts. I was inspired by my favorite Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich for this recipe.
I filled these pillowy soft Parker House style rolls with smooth cream cheese and a slightly sweet strawberry jam. The mix of cream and sweet is a great combination. It’s a little sweet without being too sweet. These rolls are much like my Orange Marmalade rolls, but without all the time spent waiting for the dough to rise.
Fill free to use your favorite jam or jelly instead of the strawberry jam.
Sister Schubert Strawberry Cream Pull Apart Bread!
Remove the rolls from the fridge and carefully remove them from the pan keeping all the rolls connected and together. Remove one roll and set aside. This is so you can match the top and bottom evenly later. Using a serrated knife, slice through the bread horizontally. Leave the rolls connected. You’ll have 2 round discs. Place the bottom disc back in the pan. I do recommend allowing the rolls to thaw before trying this recipe. It makes slicing them so much easier!
You may want to top the bread with a simple glaze (1 cup confectioners sugar to 2 tablespoons milk) or a cream cheese glaze. I’ve prepared this recipe with and without the glaze and it’s good either way.
Sister Schubert Strawberry Cream Pull Apart Bread
- 1 package Parker House style rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature and soft
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup strawberry jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Allow rolls to thaw completely in the bag.
- When rolls are thawed, remove from the pan without separating the rolls. Carefully cut through all the rolls horizontally so that you have 2 discs. (Just like you would slice through a cake layer.)
- Place the bottom of the rolls back in the pan.
- Using an offset spatula or butter knife spread cream cheese over the bottom layer. Top with strawberry jam in a thin layer.
- Replace top of rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and desired browning has occurred on top.
- Remove foil and cool slightly for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with Cream Cheese Frosting if desired.