Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is light, zesty, and fresh. This side dish brightens any meal and it’s so easy to make!
CHIPOTLE’S CILANTRO LIME RICE RECIPE
Inspired by Chipotle restaurant’s signature rice, this recipe has become my go-to rice to compliment any Mexican or Tex-Mex entree. I also use it as a base for fajita and burrito bowls.
Let’s look at the main ingredients…
- Rice – Basmati rice is the best option for this recipe.
- Lime and Lemon – Fresh juice works best for this recipe. The bottled stuff is really no comparison!
- Oil – You’ll want to use a flavorless oil like extra virgin olive oil. Avocado oil is another good option.
- Cilantro – I mean, you’ve got to use fresh cilantro. Just got too!
What goes with cilantro lime rice?
Add Black Beans…
If you want to make this side dish heartier, add black beans to it. You can add a 14-ounce can of rinsed black beans or home-made black beans.
You’ll want to add the black beans in step 4 along with the oil, cilantro, and juices.
This is one of those dishes that reheats really well. You can easily make a double batch if needed.
To reheat, lightly break up any clumps. You can reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Add a little oil to the rice and heat through. Squeeze a little lime juice over the top and serve.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas in White Sauce
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain jasmine rice
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil any flavorless oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped, more if you really like cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh-squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange juice fresh-squeezed
- In a saucepan over high heat add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add the bay leaf, rice, and salt. Stir.
- Return to a full boil then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes without removing the lid.
- Remove from heat, leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, remove the bay leaf, add the oil, cilantro, and juices. Fluff and mix rice with a fork.
- Serve warm.