Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders are deliciously healthy ground turkey burgers topped with classic tomato bruschetta, mozzarella cheese, and balsamic mayonnaise.
Full of fresh flavors, Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders make a weeknight meal in under 30 minutes that is healthy as well.
It’s really not hard to make small changes in your diet and eat healthier. You can still get full and satisfied while eating more nutrient-dense food.
You may also enjoy these burgers!
As a family, we’re trying to eat more healthy food. My boys are in those teenage years where they’re growing fast and using a lot of energy and I don’t want them to get in the habit of eating high-fat, fried, and junk foods. On the flip side, my husband and I are getting older and our metabolism is slowing down. We need lower fat, lower carb foods that are nutrient-dense.
How in the world do you meet all these requirements and cook one meal?
Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders Tips
- First of all, you can use either ground beef or ground turkey to make these burgers.
- For the boys, I serve the burgers on regular or whole wheat hamburgers or slider buns. For Big Daddy and myself, I serve them on gluten-free buns or gluten-free pita bread. You can also skip the bun altogether and serve the burgers with lettuce wraps or serve on a bed of Romaine lettuce.
- I prefer fresh basil for the bruschetta topping but dried basil is your substitute if you can’t get fresh.
- You may want to use traditional mozzarella or dairy-free mozzarella.
- Pile on a lot of lettuce for crunch, flavor, and fiber.
- For a sauce, you can either do a Balsamic Reduction or a Balsamic Mayo. Coincidently, I like both and usually put both on my burger!
- Finally, the sides are very important when trying to eat healthier. I make the boys’ Parmesan Potatoes but opt for either Slow Cooker Pinto Beans, Black Beans, or Roasted Vegetables for the adults.
Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the Burger
- 1 to 1.5- pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Bruschetta
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Toppings
- 4 to 6 slices mozzarella or 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 to 6 hamburger or slider buns see post for other recommendations
- Balsamic Reduction and/or Balsamic Mayonnaise
For the Burger
- Season the meat with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Shape into 4 - 6 patties to fit your buns.
- Place on 400-degree grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. Cook through. Turn only once.
- OR, cook in a skillet on the stove top on medium-high 4 to 5 minutes per side. Cook through. Turn only once. Do not mash the meat. This will squeeze the juices and moisture out resulting in a dry burger.
For the Bruschetta
- In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, basil, and olive oil.
- Stir. Side aside.
Assemble the burgers
- Top each burger with cheese and allow to melt.
- Top cheese with Bruschetta mixture.
- Place burger and bruschetta on buns
- Top with Balsamic Reduction and/or Balsamic Mayo
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you).