Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Broccoli is a quick, healthy dinner recipe for busy weeknights. Baked on a sheet pan this meal is a one dish wonder that’s simple to clean as well!
Or sign up for my new recipe email on the right>>
Fresh lemons and herbs give this chicken a bright flavor. The lemon flavor is especially good. Another alternative would be fresh oranges. Zesting the lemon, or orange, over the broccoli is a must so definitely don’t skip that step. Additionally, your kitchen will smell wonderful while this is cooking!
You can also serve this with my 10 Minute Rolls if you’re not watching calories and carbs.
I’ve been trying to eat healthier and support my husband as he tries to shed a few pounds. As a result, this Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Broccoli entree is based on the Whole30 eating plan. Whole30 the latest craze but based on eating ‘clean’, or preservative and additive free, foods. So I believe it’s actually a healthy eating plan that will stay around.
Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Broccoli
Furthermore, Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Broccoli is a great meal to make for busy weeknights since everything can be baked at once on one pan for easy clean up. Funny, only the mom’s (or cooks) realize how important this is! It’s huge friends, HUGE! I feel like I”m constantly cleaning the kitchen, do you?
You can find some more easy recipes here.
Alternate vegetable ideas instead of broccoli
- Brussel sprouts
- peppers and onions
Just a note, I like to use organic chicken for recipes. You can read more about organic, cage free, free range, no antibiotic, no hormone, as well as more information on the meaning of labeling chicken here, “Organic” Chicken Is Different Than “Antibiotic-Free” And “Natural” Means Nothing.
Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Broccoli is a quick, healthy dinner recipe for busy weeknights.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 to 4 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1/2 tablespoon fresh, minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 lemons zested then sliced thin (the zest will be used for the broccoli)For the broccoli:
- 1 to 2 heads broccoli you'll want 6 to 8 cups if this is your only side dish
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- lemon zest from lemons above
- Cut or pound chicken so that it is no thicker than 1 inch. (This way everything will cook evenly and at the same time.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a bowl or zip-top bag and add oil, then remaining ingredients except the lemon slices. Rub chicken so that the oil and seasonings coat the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. I use one 21x15 inch sheet pan, you may use 2 cookie sheets also.)
- Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Spread the broccoli on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil, seasonings, and zest. Toss to coat. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.