20 Minute One Pot Pasta Carbonara is the quickest and easiest weeknight dinner recipe. It’s a simple pasta recipe that’s bursting with big delicious flavors! The pasta is creamy, satisfying and has a salty kick from the bacon.
I am in love with this pasta. If it weren’t for the fact that pasta is my favorite food, the fact that this recipe is ready in 20 minutes might persuade me. If that didn’t, the fact that it cooks in one pot absolutely would seal the deal for this being the best weeknight dinner meal ever. #amIright
I don’t know one mom that’s not short on time and short on energy. The beauty of Barilla® Pronto™ is it cooks in one pan in 20 minutes!
Carbonara has just a few key ingredients, but every ingredient packs some punch. Pasta, bacon, cream, cheese, and pepper are the basic ingredients. Sometimes I toss in garlic powder.
I suggest adding salt at the very end. You’ll want to taste it first. Sometimes I find the salt-cured bacon is all the salt the dish needs.
I used Barilla® Pronto™ spaghetti pasta in my 20 Minute One Pot Pasta Carbonara recipe. It’s a new pasta that cooks in one pot in 10 minutes. It’s the best thing since sliced bread!! Spaghetti pasta is traditional in this dish, but use whatever pasta shape you have on hand. Barilla® Pronto™ is available in five delicious shapes Spaghetti, Penne, Elbows, Linguine and Rotini. These Barilla Pronto pastas really will help make your pasta mealtime prep faster and easier – all in one pan!
20 Minute One Pot Pasta Carbonara
- Optional add-ins for this recipe are 1 cup frozen English peas or 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- You can also 1 cup shrimp. I would add the shrimp to the pasta 1 to 2 minutes before the water is cooked out of the pasta. It depends on the size of your shrimp as to how long it will take them to cook. Watch them closely.
- You may also substitute pancetta for bacon.
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Linguine
- 3 cups water
- 6 strips bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- *salt optional (taste test first)
- *1 teaspoon garlic powder
- garnish with parsley bacon and Parmesan
- Measure all your ingredients so they are ready.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Cut into large pieces. Set aside.
- Add cold water and pasta to skillet. Set timer on 10 minutes now.
- Bring pasta to a boil, stir occasionally. Boil until water is evaporated and pasta is cooked.
- Add cream, egg, Parmesan, pepper and garlic is you're adding garlic. (it's optional)
- Stir to combine. Cook 30 seconds to one minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
*Optional add-ins: 1 cup frozen English peas. 1 cup chopped cooked chickenRecipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
I found Barilla® Pronto™ at Kroger, visit. Kroger.com for discount coupons!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barillo. The opinions and text are all mine.