My Traditional Cheesecake recipe is a classic vanilla cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. It’s creamy and smooth without being heavy.
I used to be intimidated by two things…well, three. I’m intimidated by wearing stilettos, but so grateful now for platform wedges and I can be tall without fear of ankle injuries!!… but, in the kitchen, I was intimidated by anything with yeast and making cheesecake. Cheesecake just looks so difficult. And, so impressive!! That’s why I wanted desperately, to learn to make it. It is not difficult! In fact, with a couple of tips, you can bake the perfect cheesecake.
I’m happy to say I’ve concurred both ‘fears’. Be sure to click over and read my ‘no-fail’ tips for the perfect cheesecake. I also have a handy little guide for cooking with yeast simply called, Tips for Baking with Yeast.
HOW TO TELL WHEN CHEESECAKE IS DONE
Most cheesecakes are done when the center jiggles just a little when you tap the side of the pan. However, the edges should be set, if they still jiggle your cheesecake isn’t done.
HOW TO STORE YOUR CHEESECAKE
This cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for three or four days sealed in an airtight container. Be sure you cool your cheesecake completely to room temperature before you cover and refrigerate it.
You can also freeze your cheesecake for a couple of months. To freeze, wrap the entire cheesecake, still in the pan, with layers of aluminum foil and plastic wrap, or you can freeze slices.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- 2 cups graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all crust ingredients and press into and 8-inch spring form pan, set aside.
- Blend 1 1/2 c sugar and all cream cheese in mixer, add salt. Beat until creamy and all lumps are out but don't over beat.
- Add eggs, one at time until they are just combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Make sure the mixture is lump free and smooth.
- Pour into an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Combine topping ingredients and pour over cheesecake.
- Return cheesecake to the oven set to 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely about 2 hours before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate 8 hours before slicing.