There’s nothing more comforting than twice baked potatoes, make it easy on yourself with this time-saving Twice Baked Potato Casserole recipe. This is one of the best and easiest casserole recipes you’ll find. It’s a crowd-pleaser at potlucks and with my own family. And, they’re hard to please!
I have always enjoyed twice baked potatoes and making it in casserole form is just as yummy and so much easier! Especially since you can make it two days ahead of time and keep it refrigerated!
Additionally, you can easily freeze leftovers. I like to freeze them in portion sizes!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
You can mash the potatoes or leave them in cubes. To be honest, I make them both ways, but most recently I’ve been leaving them in cubes because it just saves time.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Tangy Sweet Meatloaf
- Keto-Friendly recipes
- Fresh Blueberry Muffin Cake
- Baked Focaccia Turkey Sandwich
- Dauphinioise potatoes
- Orange & Jalapeno Marinated Flat Iron Steak
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 lbs potatoes I prefer Russet or Yukon gold, peeled and boiled
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese cubed and room temp.
- 1/4 cup sour cream room temp.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons green onion sliced thin
- Mash potatoes with milk, cream cheese, and sour cream until they're as smooth or chunky as you like. I like mine chunky.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Cover with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Cook in 350°F oven until cheese is melted.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You may also find this collection useful!
25 Thirty Minute Weeknight Meals
Shelby Stover says
It came out perfect and it was a mega win I had all the ingredients. Love the simplicity!
Delicious! And so much easier than making individual twice-baked potatoes. Thank you for sharing! I’m thinking this will become a regular at our holiday dinners!
I made this twice baked potato casserole for dinner tonight and my family love, love, loved this side dish!! They asked me to make it again. Thank you Paula for this awesome recipe!!
So good! I am a huge fan of potatoes and would eat them any which way, but I think this may be my new fav!
Mandy Applegate says
I don’t agree, I would actually give it 10 stars!!! My whole family LOVED this cheesy, creamy potato casserole and I’ve already been asked to make it again – thank you very much for the recipe!
I love potatoes and this recipe – wowsers! It was so good, so creamy, and so easy! We ate it all! Looking forward to making these again!