I may have a food blog, but that doesn’t always mean I have time to plan my family’s meals or make elaborate meals for them. Actually, I probably cooked more complex and complete meals before I started blogging. Blogging, when you do everything yourself, takes about 60 hours a week… ok, some of that is ‘talking’ with blog friends or cruising Pinterest. However, it is time consuming.
Also, when I planned my own weekly menu and cooked more elaborate meals, my boys will young and didn’t have activities. Nowadays, they have a lot going on. Between the two of them, we have something extra almost every day. Between that, my husband’s busy schedule and my blog and volunteer work, some day’s it’s all I can do to make grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
Baked Focaccia Sandwich is a tasty meal that you can have ready in minutes. I served it with chips and grapes. You can use turkey and ham on this sandwich or just turkey, like I did. My boys like turkey much more than ham. I also used Muenster cheese. You could use provolone or another favorite cheese. Whatever cheese you have in the fridge or whatever cheese is your favorite will be perfect.
This is a great tasting, easy to put together and took minutes to prepare.
Pesto is the key to making this sandwich special.
I made individual sandwiches for my family.
You could easily make one large sandwich if you like.
Spread the pesto on both sides.
Next, you’ll want to layer on the meat and cheese.
Sliced cheese would work better, actually, but, like I said,
I used what I had and what I had was grated Muenster.
If you don’t follow a recipe to the letter, it’s okay.
Make it your own, leave off or change what your family doesn’t like.
And, there she is. It was very tasty!
Baked Focaccia Turkey Sandwich
- 1 large bakery loaf focaccia bread
- 3 oz jar prepared pesto sauce
- 1 lb sliced turkey leftover holiday turkey would be PERFECT for this!!
- 8 oz sliced muenster cheese or provolone if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice bread across horizontally.
- Spread pesto evenly over both sides of bread.
- Layer turkey on one side and cheese slices on the other.
- Place top on sandwich and wrap in foil.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut and serve.
You may also like this sandwiches! Mini Muffuletta