Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are wonderfully easy and perfect for any occasion. Put this no-bake dessert in your recipe box, I guarantee you’ll make it again and again.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats have a lot of different flavors going on. There’s the chocolate and peanut butter that’s most prominent, then the buttery sweet marshmallows and crispy cereal.
Raise your hand if you like Rice Krispie Treats! I know, I don’t know a single person that doesn’t. Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are the easiest, tastiest, no-bake dessert. Typically, Rice Krispie Treats are made of butter, Rice Krispies and marshmallows. In addition, mine are full of chocolate and peanut butter and super marshmallow-y!!!
You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry to make these treats, if not put the few simple ingredients on your grocery list now. You won’t regret it!
Additionally, if you have leftover candy from any holiday, you can use it to make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. I actually had leftover Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups from Easter. I know, how did they last this long?! Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups makes these treats super indulgent.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Tips
- These treats take about 5 minutes to make. It does take 30 to 45 minutes for them to set though.
- As with any recipe, read through it first before beginning
- Also when you start, measure your ingredients out and have everything ready
- Turn your heat to medium versus on high temperature. It will take a little patience, but you’ll avoid scorching them on a lower heat.
- You’ll want to stir the butter and marshmallows almost constantly until they’re smooth and creamy.
- Work quickly after adding the Rice Krispies to mix everything together
- Press firmly and evenly in your pan to compact the mixture together
Don’t miss a single recipe or tips, sign up for my weekly email
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 20 peanut butter cups cut into 4 pieces
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons light karo syrup
- 1 10 ounce package plus 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate for drizzle
- In a large bowl combine the cereal and peanut butter cups.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in karo until well incorporated.
- Remove pot from heat and fold in cereal mixture until cereal is evenly coated. The peanut butter pieces will melt and fall apart somewhat. Be gently so there are some chunks of the peanut butter cups in the mixture.
- Press mixture into the sprayed 9x13 inch pan. Use your hands or a large bottomed glass to smooth the top completely. Press firmly to compact so the bars will stick together. Set aside.
- In a zip-top bag, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and microwave at 30 seconds intervals until melted.
- Snip corner off zip-top bag and drizzle over bars in a decorative pattern.
- Allow bars to sit 30 to 45 minutes to allow the chocolate cool and harden.
Scratch Made Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
Birthday Party Favor Gift Idea for older boys and girls
I have a bonus snippet for you on this post today. I wanted to share an easy birthday happy with you.
It seems there are tons of cute ideas for little kids, boys and girls alike, to give as party favors. As boys get older, I’ve found it increasingly difficult to choose party favors. I wanted to share this post Birthday Party Favor Gift Idea that is great for boys or girls over 10 years old.
What’s in my party favors? Soda pop is a classic and usually enjoyed by all. Boys of all ages loves things that pop and explode so I found these little Pop-Its. Remember them? They pop when you throw them on the ground. Heck, I even like them! Then of course I added candy and a chocolate bar. After all, these are party favors, they won’t be jacked up on caffeine and sugar, just make sure you give them to the boys as they’re leaving your house!
I don’t do a lot of diy or crafts any more on callmepmc.com, but I didn’t when I started out. You can find more on my Crafts archives.
If you like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, you may also like these easy recipes.