Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are wonderfully easy and perfect for any occasion. Put this no-bake dessert in your recipe box, I guarantee you’ll make it again and again.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats have a lot of different flavors going on. There’s the chocolate and peanut butter that’s most prominent, then the buttery sweet marshmallows and crispy cereal.
Raise your hand if you like Rice Krispie Treats! I know, I don’t know a single person that doesn’t. Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are the easiest, tastiest, no-bake dessert. Typically, Rice Krispie Treats are made of butter, Rice Krispies and marshmallows. In addition, mine are full of chocolate and peanut butter and super marshmallow-y!!!
They’re much like a cross between Rice Krispie Treat and fudge, thanks to rich peanut butter cups. The chocolate and peanut melt into the cracks and crevices, making a crunchy fudge-type dessert.
You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry to make these treats, if not put the few simple ingredients on your grocery list now. You won’t regret it!
Additionally, if you have leftover candy from any holiday, you can use it to make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. I actually had leftover Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups from Easter. I know, how did they last this long?! Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups makes these treats super indulgent.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Tips
- These treats take about 5 minutes to make. It does take 30 to 45 minutes for them to set though.
- As with any recipe, read through it first before beginning
- Also when you start, measure your ingredients out and have everything ready
- Turn your heat to medium versus on high temperature. It will take a little patience, but you’ll avoid scorching them on a lower heat.
- You’ll want to stir the butter and marshmallows almost constantly until they’re smooth and creamy.
- Work quickly after adding the Rice Krispies to mix everything together
- Press firmly and evenly in your pan to compact the mixture together
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 20 peanut butter cups cut into 4 pieces
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons light colored corn syrup
- 10 ounce package plus 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate for drizzle
- In a large bowl combine the cereal and peanut butter cups.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in syrup and peanut butter until well incorporated.
- Remove pot from heat and fold in cereal mixture until cereal is evenly coated. The peanut butter pieces will melt and fall apart somewhat. Be gently so there are some chunks of the peanut butter cups in the mixture.
- Press mixture into the sprayed 9x13 inch pan. Use your hands or a large bottomed glass to smooth the top completely. Press firmly to compact so the bars will stick together. Set aside.
- In a zip-top bag, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and microwave at 30 seconds intervals until melted.
- Snip corner off zip-top bag and drizzle over bars in a decorative pattern.
- Allow bars to sit 30 to 45 minutes to allow the chocolate cool and harden.
Birthday Party Favor Gift Idea for older boys and girls
I have a bonus snippet for you on this post today. I wanted to share an easy birthday happy with you.
It seems there are tons of cute ideas for little kids, boys and girls alike, to give as party favors. As boys get older, I’ve found it increasingly difficult to choose party favors. I wanted to share this post Birthday Party Favor Gift Idea that is great for boys or girls over 10 years old.
What’s in my party favors? Soda pop is a classic and usually enjoyed by all. Boys of all ages loves things that pop and explode so I found these little Pop-Its. Remember them? They pop when you throw them on the ground. Heck, I even like them! Then of course I added candy and a chocolate bar. After all, these are party favors, they won’t be jacked up on caffeine and sugar, just make sure you give them to the boys as they’re leaving your house!
I don’t do a lot of diy or crafts any more on callmepmc.com, but I didn’t when I started out. You can find more on my Crafts archives.
Follow me around the web!
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin’
If you like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, you may also like these easy recipes.
Triple Layer Chocolate Cookies
Five Minute Dark Chocolate Fudge with Pistachios
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread Bars
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
I can’t wait to make these for my family they look awesome! I have one question though, where do you add the peanut butter? I read the whole thing more than once and I didn’t see it. I saw the part about mixing the cereal and peanut butter cups but not the peanut butter.
In with the marshmallows. I corrected the recipe. Thanks for alerting me to that error
Pete (female) says
What other candy bars would you suggest instead of the reeces. I don’t usually care for them.
My oldest son doesn’t like the peanut butter/chocolate combo either. You can use plain Hershey bars, or Twix or 3 Musketeers would al be good.
The Rice Krispie Treats look great. Where do you add the Karo syrup?
Yikes, thanks Karen, I have updated the recipe. Thanks for the heads up!
Now I can make them. My family loves peanut butter and chocolate. Thanks for the quick reply! Karen
Those Krispie bars are perfect when having guests over. I don’t dare have them in the house otherwise. Lol
You have never said a more true statement. I ate the whole pan in 2 days!!