Ruffles Rice Krispie Treats, this salty and sweet dessert comes together in under 5 minutes for a great tasting no-bake snack! A quick and easy recipe that the whole family will love!
I may have just made a classic treat even better….
Yes, yes, in fact, I did make Rice Krispie Treats better!!
‘How?’ you ask? By adding salty Ruffles potato chips, extra
If you like getting the kids involved in the kitchen, this is a great recipe for them to help with.
RUFFLES RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Does anyone else have a hard time waiting for the Treats to set? Just me? Man, I think they’re almost as good warm and gooey as they are when they cool and set! Sure, they don’t cut cleanly but that’s what big spoons are for! 😉
These aren’t your everyday classic Rice Crispy Treats. No, they have a little something special in them.
I saw a recipe recently that used potato chips instead of cereal and was inspired. However, my recipe uses both puffed rice cereal and wavy potato chips. I felt like this would be better.
However, potato chips aren’t the only reason this dessert recipe is the best. In addition, I added more
HOW TO MAKE
- First, line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, waxed paper, or parchment paper. Extend the foil or paper over the edges of the pan. Then spray the foil or paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, in a large pot melt the
butterand marshmallows over medium-low heat. You’ll need to stir it constantly until melted. (I like to leave a few marshmallows unmelted, but this is a personal preference.)
- Stir in the vanilla.
- I break up the potato chips but don’t crush them completely.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and broken potato chips until they are evenly coated.
- Finally, pour the mixture into your prepared pan. Use a large square of wax paper or parchment paper over the top to press firmly into the pan.
- Now, possibly the hardest part of the recipe, let the treats cool before cutting and serving. 😳
There are all kinds of fun and yummy recipes that you can make with cereal. Check some of my recipes out.
- Frozen Cereal Snack
- Cereal Crunch Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 15 Minute Cereal Bars
- Snack Mix
As noted below, this recipe makes a 9×13-inch baking pan or 16 large servings. They’re great for after school snacks, lunch box treats, parties, and potlucks.
As well, if you don’t need or want that many treats, this recipe can easily be cut in half. You can use a 9×9-inch or an 8×8-inch baking pan when you half the recipe.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Ruffled Rice Krispie Treats
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ¾ cup butter
- 10 cups marshmallows 1 pound
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cup puffed rice cereal
- 3 cups potato chips Ruffles brand, broken (not crushed)
- Measure all your ingredients before you start.
- Spray a 9x-13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray or line with waxed paper, parchment paper, or aluminum foil (sprayed with non-stick spray.)
- In a large heavy bottom pot (You'll need a soup pot or large Dutch oven) over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they are almost completely melted. I like to leave some not completely melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the cereal and potato chips to the pot and stir well with a large spatula until the marshmallow and butter mixture covers all the cereal and chips.
- Immediately pour and press into your prepared pan. Allow to cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container on the countertop.