Deeply indulgent , my Best Dark Chocolate Truffles Recipe makes the very best homemade gift. Gourmet flavors in a super easy recipe, you may want to keep them all for yourself!
I realize I should make something savory for you. I promise I don’t just make desserts. But desserts are more fun to make, more fun to eat and they photograph a lot easier than brown rice with brown gravy.
Let’s just go with desserts once or twice… or a dozen more times for the holidays, k?
Truffles are elegant for gift-giving. My Best Dark Chocolate Truffles Recipe has only 3 ingredients plus whatever you decide to top them with. I like to chill the mixture in the refrigerator a few hours, this way you get a smooth, firm ball to dip in the chocolate.
It’s easier if you use a small spring-release scoop or melon baller and scoop small balls. Then simply roll in your choice of coating: chocolate (white or dark), coconut, chopped nuts, toffee, peppermint, sprinkles (ohhhh chocolate and sprinkles, swoon!) cocoa, or confectioners sugar. The possibilities are endless.
Best Dark Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 16 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, no substitutions
- 12 ounces chocolate candy melts, for coating
- Add chocolate chips to a medium size glass bowl.
- Heat heavy whipping cream in a sauce pan on medium-high heat until just before boiling.
- Immediately pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator a few hours or overnight.
- When chocolate is firm. Scoop out using a small scoop into balls. At this point, if balls are firm you can dip in melted candy melts. If they're not firm, chill on a sheet tray a couple of hours until they firm up.
- Melts chocolate and dip balls. Place on waxed paper to set. Immediately after dipping, sprinkle on topping of your choice. Nuts, coconut, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, crushed candy, peppermint, etc.
Use the best chocolate chips you can afford. With so few ingredients, quality really makes a big difference.©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.