Double Chocolate Pizookie Recipe, aka deep dish chocolate chip cookie, is a warm and decadent deep dish cookie oozing with double chocolate chips! Homemade and ready in 30 minutes!
A pizookie is a thick cookie that’s cooked in a cast iron skillet like a deep dish pizza. Therefore, the name is a combination of pizza and cookie.
Double Chocolate Pizookie Recipe
I have wanted to try a pizookie for for-ever! One deep dish of a thick gooey cookie, warm and oozing with chocolate. It’s everything I love about a cookie and nothing I hate about a cookie. There’s no chilling the dough, no scooping mound after mound of cookies, and no baking multiple batches.
But, there is that sharing thing
or maybe not.
I did make this a small batch pizookie. Yes, one recipe makes enough dough for two 5-inch skillets. Now, certainly, you don’t have to share. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn’t. I’m just saying, if you want a dessert and don’t want to overdo it or feel like you have to run 9 miles to burn the calories, this would be perfect for four people to share. It would be perfect for couples to share at supper club. It was perfect when my husband and I wanted vanilla ice cream over our warm cookie, but our boys didn’t.
Deep dish chocolate chip cookie
I filled this pizookie full of chocolate. One bite and my husband said, “That’s a little dough wrapped around a lot of chocolate.” Now, that’s not a bad thing in my opinion! If you don’t want that much chocolate to reduce the chocolate chips from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup. Also, you can certainly use milk chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips. You could even get really cray cray and use white chocolate chips instead of the candy-coated chocolates!
Stop the madness!
So much chocolate talk gets me excited!
Double Chocolate Pizookie Recipe Ingredients
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- butter, room temperature
- brown sugar, packed
- large egg at room tempreature
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- dark chocolate chips
- candy coated chocolate like M&Ms
You’ll want to sit the
Also, it’s imperative in baking to measure your flour correctly. It’s über important for a small batch like this. Don’t use the measuring cup to scoop into the flour! I wrote a ‘how-to’ snippet in the post Twix Bar Cinnamon Rolls on correctly measuring flour.
More dessert favorites
- Pineapple Upside-Down Bread Pudding
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Margarita Cupcakes
- Sweet Salty Caramel Snack Mix
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Double Chocolate Pizookie Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg at room tempreature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup candy coated chocolate like M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1/2 tablespoon butter in two 5-inch cast iron skillets.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanill, cream until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press half of the dough into each of the skillets. top with the candy coated chocolate.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown on top and center is set.
- Allow to cool on wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature.