Buttery and flaky shortbread is covered with a rich chocolate peanut butter mixture then topped with peanut butter cup minis in these Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread Bars. Rich like fudge, this dessert is not for the faint of heart.
I hate to call anything ‘the best’ because that’s a little different for everyone. Let’s just say these are very, very, very good Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread Bars!
Something magical happens when you mix sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter together. And, as good as that is, it’s even better if it’s chocolate peanut butter. Yep, folks, this is like milk and cookies, Sonny and Cher, bacon and anything… it’s a match made to go together.
Did I mention it’s good?
And if sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter weren’t enough to set this over the edge, I topped with Reese’s minis! Because I’ve been dying to use these minis in something!
These minis are the reason I made this dessert, actually. They are just so darn cute, I couldn’t resist getting a bag…and then another.
These candy bars have three layers. The bottom is a buttery shortbread. The second layer is made by mixing sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. I used a chocolate peanut butter. You can use regular flavored peanut butter if you prefer. Topping it all off are these adorable Reese’s minis. You can add any flavor or color chocolate on top making it perfect for any holiday.
The chocolate peanut butter actually is dark and looks like chocolate, not the jar pictured below. I was making something else and grabbed the wrong peanut butter jar for these pictures. I didn’t realize it until I was processing the pictures. #mybad
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 2 cup Reese's minis
- Preheat oven 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x9 inch square pan* with and over-hanging piece of waxed paper or parchmen paper.
- Mix butter, sugar and flour until it resembles wet sand.
- Press evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Pour over shortbread crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. The top will change from shiny to matte when ready.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with 2 cup Reese's minis.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator up to one week. *an 8x8 inch square pan may also me used. You may need to cook 1 to 2 more minutes, so keep an eye on it.
When you sign up for email, I won’t blast you with emails every day. You’ll get one email each week that contains links to all my new posts for that week.
Check out my pins of Pinterest
Visit Paula @ CallMePMc.com’s profile on Pinterest.
Hungry for more?