This Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata make a filling breakfast, brunch or breakfast-for-dinner meal. Three popular ingredients make this big baked omelet a crowd-pleaser.
I love breakfast and brunch. I can eat a good breakfast and be good the rest of the day. I’ve been looking for a few easier breakfast and brunch recipes for the holiday. I kept coming back to frittatas over and over again.
Frittatas are hearty and cook quickly and this Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata is no exception. They’re also economical, well, since my mom gives me fresh eggs, I can make a frittata for pennies. Even without free eggs, it an inexpensive recipe to make. A frittata is also a good recipe to clean out your fridge. I chose to use brie cheese in this recipe simply because I had 3 ounces in the fridge that we needed to eat.
Great for holidays and brunches
Try making this Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata for your next holiday brunch. You can put it together in minutes, which leaves you time to enjoy your guests. After all, that’s why we entertain, right?
I like a frittata to an omelet, but much easier. There’s no babysitting the frittata and no flipping. I’m not a good flipper. I don’t do an omelet well.
My frittata is packed with ham and potatoes and topped with brie cheese. The cheese melts down into the eggs and potatoes making them extra creamy. Feel free to use any quick melting cheese such as Fontana or Havarti.
I topped my frittata with green onions and diced tomatoes as soon as it came out of the oven. This added a little freshness and crunch.
Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups hashbrown potatoes diced, thawed. I used the kind with onions and peppers.
- 1 cup ham diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt you may use sour cream
- 2.5 ounce brie cheese cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- garnish with green onions and tomatoes if desired
- Heat 9 inch saute pan or skillet on medium heat. This pan needs to be non-stick and oven-proof.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Add oil to the pan, when hot add potatoes to the pan and cook until heated.
- Add ham, salt and pepper, and heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with yogurt.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes and ham.
- Reduce heat to low so the bottom doesn't burn.
- Stir, pulling eggs off the bottom until eggs begin to thicken slightly.
- Place cheese on top of eggs and place pan in the oven to finish cooking.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are crisp and center is set.
- Eggs will continue to cook a few minutes after removing from the oven.
- Serve straight from pan or invert onto a serving platter.
- Most oven-proof pans will not have a plastic handle, but will be made completely of a medal. If you're unsure if your pan is oven-safe, check the manufacturer. A cast-iron skillet is oven proof.
- This frittata is great served with fresh fruit for breakfast or a green salad for brinner.
This Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata is great served with fresh fruit for breakfast or a green salad for brinner. Give life to leftovers by topping toast with a wedge of the frittata and a spoonful of salsa on top or make quesadillas with a garnish or salsa.
Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m craving!
Visit Paula @ CallMePMc.com’s profile on Pinterest.