Each square is every bit as easy to make as regular Rice Krispie Treats—requiring only three ingredients and about 15 minutes.
With this recipe, you can guarantee a delicious, crowd-pleasing snack that’s sure to be a hit at any event!
Butter Rice Krispie Treats
When it comes to the snack world, there’s no denying that Nutter
Ingredients you need
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
Yep, just three ingredients is all you need. It’s just that simple!
This is a great recipe to make with children!
What can I use instead of Rice Krispies for rice krispie treats?
Just about any cereal can be substituted for Rice Krispies. Chex, Kix, Cocoa Krispies, Fruity Pepples, Lucky Charms, and Cap’n Crunch can all be used to make marshmallow treats. Furthermore, you can use unconventional foods. Try my Ritz Krispie Treats and Ruffles Rice Krispies.
They will be set enough to cut after 30 to 60 minutes unless it’s super hot in your house. You can always speed the process by refrigerating them.
Store them in an airtight container on the countertop up to 3 days.
These are great for dessert after Creamy Chicken and Hominy Soup.
Nutter Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 25 regular Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- ⅓ cup butter
- 6 cups mini-marshmallows
- Line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper or foil and spray it with non-stick oil spray .
- Chop or crush the cookies into nickel size pieces.
- In a large saucepan, melt your butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir continously until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in your cookies.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly.
- Allow the bars to cool, for 30-60 minutes before cutting them into squares.